Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

1. Default Re: Broadway 10

Hatch, on the other hand, is re-opening tomorrow morning.

Default Re: Broadway 10

I am very concerned that Broadway 10 will not reopen. At first I was told December, then January, now I am hearing February for the reopen. Any updates on the restoration/renovation post fire? I live/work downtown and I don’t see any construction activity at all down there.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    I am very concerned that Broadway 10 will not reopen. At first I was told December, then January, now I am hearing February for the reopen. Any updates on the restoration/renovation post fire? I live/work downtown and I don’t see any construction activity at all down there.
    I read on Facebook today that they just got started renovating last week. I was very surprised to hear that because it has been so long since their fire. Obviously, they are going to miss out on any holiday business, and that isn't good for any restaurant. Meanwhile, aren't they going to open a restaurant near Rose Creek? What's the progress on that one?

I'll see if I can get an update from Provision Concepts. I suspect the delay in reopening had to do with insurance.

As far as Rose Creek, it's still in the works but there hasn't even been a building permit application for anything other than the recently-opened Homeland. So, it's going to be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    it’s going to reopen. They are planning to expand this concept beyond Oklahoma. They aren’t going to close the original.

Had drinks with owner today and they plan to reopen in March, Delays have been insurance related

March is NOT "Early 2024" --- this has been pushed too far back and blaming the insurance companies is not a good approach.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    March is NOT "Early 2024" --- this has been pushed too far back and blaming the insurance companies is not a good approach.
    They just got the settlement from the insurance company.

You think they don't want to be open ASAP?

What would have them say otherwise? We had a storm damage claim on a 8 plex we were remodeling and insurance fighting put us back almost year so it is a real thing.

Take a lap with this, I think you're off base by a large margin here.

12. Default Re: Broadway 10

Good grief, the nitpicking of other folks’ businesses here is epic. These are real-world issues these operators are facing, not some fantasy sim-city scenario.

Who TF cares what someone on an Internet forum thinks when you lose a business to a fire - even if only temporarily - have a thorny time securing your insurance settlement, lose THE ENTIRE holiday season (which is the absolute busiest time of year for restaurants like Broadway 10) and are shut down for months due to no fault of your own?

YOU - a poster on OKC Talk - aren’t being harmed personally by the slow pace of this return. BROADWAY 10 is who is being harmed. Have some freaking compassion.

You are really going to die on that hill? Lolol

14. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    it’s going to reopen. They are planning to expand this concept beyond Oklahoma. They aren’t going to close the original.
    I read last week they are opening a Broadway 10 in the ritzy Cherry Creek North srea in Denver. I looked into them and the Hal Smith restaurants and had no idea either of gheir firms were so big! Great for OKC companies!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They just got the settlement from the insurance company.

You think they don't want to be open ASAP?
    Then that took too long and they need to be more honest with their prospective customers.

You think a business should publicly advertise issues they have with their insurance company?

What a bizarre perspective.

Then that took too long and they need to be more honest with their prospective customers.
    They don't owe you jack

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. I am sure there was a disagreement between the building insurance company and the restaurant insurance company which delayed it. It's not their job to let you know everything that happens along the way...

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I read last week they are opening a Broadway 10 in the ritzy Cherry Creek North srea in Denver. I looked into them and the Hal Smith restaurants and had no idea either of gheir firms were so big! Great for OKC companies!
    I think they’re looking at Scottsdale as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    You think a business should publicly advertise issues they have with their insurance company?

What a bizarre perspective.
    Never said such a thing! I think the insurance company took too long, but B10 needs to be more honest with the public. They have moved the goal posts on their re-opening at least twice.

Never said such a thing! I think the insurance company took too long, but B10 needs to be more honest with the public. They have moved the goal posts on their re-opening at least twice.
    Why oes a private business with no public ownership owe any of us anything? Are you seriously dying on this hill, still? They haven't moved anything.

I didn't realize people were this desperate to eat there. Maybe they've underestimated their local market lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I didn't realize people were this desperate to eat there. Maybe they've underestimated their local market lol.
    I don’t understand why so many on here who have no experience or knowledge of this or similar situations always accuse the owner of being dishonest when the project doesn’t go exactly as they think it should or as the owner hoped. They want constant information but can’t handle the way these things change and happen along the way. It’s a no win for the owners. I understand why some don’t give out any information but just do what they have to do.

24. Default Re: Broadway 10

^^^^^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don’t understand why so many on here who have no experience or knowledge of this or similar situations always accuse the owner of being dishonest when the project doesn’t go exactly as they think it should or as the owner hoped. They want constant information but can’t handle the way these things change and happen along the way. It’s a no win for the owners. I understand why some don’t give out any information but just do what they have to do.
    WHY ISNT A RANDOM PRIVATELY OWNED RESTAURANT INFORMING THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF ITS EVERY MOVE DOWN TO THE SECOND?!?!?

or something like that.

Thread Information