Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: OKC Retail Update

Default Re: OKC Retail Update

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    When is that NOrdstrom Rack coming?

Also I say expand on the dillards next to forever 21 , close the mens section once that Dillards is expanded and put in a Belk, Neiman, UO or Bealls in the old wards. I always found it odd penn has Dillards in 2 different parts of the mall although wasn't there a 2 story dillards kids in Penn before and didn't the Dillards storefront used to be in the area where express and Hollister are now?
    Dillards has doubleheaders in a lot of malls they have a presence in. It's a lot cheaper to use an existing 2 level store rather then expanding thier stores like in this case when Dillards moved thier mens department in the old Montgomery Ward space.

When is that NOrdstrom Rack coming?
    Yeah, what is the latest on the Nordstrom Rack? I know they said a Spring 2013 opening, but I didn't see anything going on when I drove past the location of where they'll be last week. If I recall correctly, the "for lease" sign was still on the building.

I also agree with making room for Neiman or something similar on the more upscale end, if we could attract them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    The Curve isn't gritty enough for Urban Outfitters, I suspect. They usually like funkier locations. I know earlier they were looking at Western, had looked downtown. I heard we were definitely getting one back then, but don't know what happened. My daughter manages a different Anthropologie now and never runs into the store scouter anymore.
    2008 probably caused them to delay/cancel a possible opening in OKC. Now that retailers are starting to expand again, it wouldn't surprise me to see Urban Outfitters looking at OKC again. I would like to see them somewhere on 23rd St. Urban Outfitters is kind of a hipsterish store so that would be the perfect area for them.

I have always imagined them being somewhere other than Penn Square or Quail Springs, and 23rd St. would be a nice fit for them if they're looking for something similar to what betts is talking about. You just gotta wonder if bchris02 is right about them looking at OKC again.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    That's too bad. My wife enjoyed shopping there.
    Does that mean you're thinking the Broadway location will close?

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I'd heard LuLu Lemon is coming for sure, but not sure about the reliability of my source. Where is Restoration Hardware????
    Saw this in the DO. Betts, it looks like your source was quite reliable!

Lululemon seeks permit for Oklahoma City store | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I have always imagined them being somewhere other than Penn Square or Quail Springs, and 23rd St. would be a nice fit for them if they're looking for something similar to what betts is talking about. You just gotta wonder if bchris02 is right about them looking at OKC again.
    My daughter tells me the Anthropologie store here is doing very well, and since they are a sister store of UO, I would not be surprised if they're looking at OKC again. I think 23rd St. would have to raise the bar a bit more than they have, development wise. My favorite spot for them is 1111 Broadway, as it's got the space and parking, is close to a lot of people from their target demographic, and Broadway is starting to become a bit of a retail corridor. If I were the Midtown Renaissance people, I'd be courting Urban Outfitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    One thing mentioned is a grocery store being developed at 63rd and MacArthur. I wonder what it could be? Hopefully its something other than another Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market or Homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    One thing mentioned is a grocery store being developed at 63rd and MacArthur. I wonder what it could be? Hopefully its something other than another Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market or Homeland.
    You must have missed the other thread about that corner. It will, indeed, be a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. There is already a Homeland about 1 mile away.

http://www.okctalk.com/suburban-deve...carthur-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    You must have missed the other thread about that corner. It will, indeed, be a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. There is already a Homeland about 1 mile away.

http://www.okctalk.com/suburban-deve...carthur-2.html
    That's unfortunate.

OKC's grocery market is really an example to other cities of what Wal-Mart can do if they are allowed to completely dominate.

That's unfortunate.

OKC's grocery market is really an example to other cities of what Wal-Mart can do if they are allowed to completely dominate.
    I shop at Buy For Less and Crest because they have lower prices than walmart really. I got a gallon of Hiland milk for 1.50 at Buy for less where it would cost over 3 bucks at Walmart. They also seem to have more discounts on foods than walmart.

That's unfortunate.

Just can't go along with the idea that Wal-Mart's are "completely dominating." It was like that for a time, but I notice that crowds are door-to-door seemingly 24x7 at the new Crest at 104th and May, Homeland at SW 104th and Penn is enduring, and that alone tells me the options are out there. We go to WalMart probably the least now that we ever have. Won't say we never go there, but their selection is and was so poor that we typically visit them only for very specific items or if we happen to know they're significantly cheaper than our normal haunts.

But completely dominate? Don't think that's accurate. At least not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Perhaps it's just my opinion and I'm alone on this, but I think Urban Outfitters would be a good fit for the Classen Curve.
    No no, as Betts said, it's not funky enough location. Automobile Alley would be much more appropriate.

15. Default Re: OKC Retail Update

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No no, as Betts said, it's not funky enough location. Automobile Alley would be much more appropriate.
    I agree, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to go into a relative retail desert... things may change, but I don't see a store of that scale going in an area that doesn't have other established national retail.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerliberal View Post
    I agree, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to go into a relative retail desert... things may change, but I don't see a store of that scale going in an area that doesn't have other established national retail.
    Lululemon was/is in Automobile Alley, they're national. I still see AA being the best location for them. 23rd isn't viable yet, Classen Curve is too modern and small.

Window shopping: Oklahoma business theme briefs for Feb. 21, 2013 | News OK

Welp another "trendy type" store coming to Penn Square. Speaking of Penn are they going to turn that Sarah Sarah's into a full front or Auntie annies ( they closed the place recently) into a full front Microsoft store?

Window shopping: Oklahoma business theme briefs for Feb. 21, 2013 | News OK

Welp another "trendy type" store coming to Penn Square. Speaking of Penn are they going to turn that Sarah Sarah's into a full front or Auntie annies ( they closed the place recently) into a full front Microsoft store?
    Is Sara Saras already closed? They just opened a couple of months ago.

Is Sara Saras already closed? They just opened a couple of months ago.
    My roommate who's a mall employee told me that the Sara Sara cupcakes was only a winter temp store. That entire section is going to be remodeled into a giant Gap, spanning several stores for Gap, Gap Kids, Baby gap and Gap Body, I believe.

Knew about the Nordstrom plans but it went very quiet for a few months with nothing going on at the site. Glad it's still happening. It's a fall 2013 opening now instead of spring 2013.

Just officially for the record of this thread, we now have a Nordstroms here, awwww yeaaaah. . . . Ok, it's just a Rack, but maybe if it performs well, which it should as I have spent an obscene amount of money there, we might land a full sized Nordstrom!

Just wanted to add to this forum the New Microsoft Store officially opens tomorrow. Yet another awesome retail option we have here in OKC

Just wanted to add to this forum the New Microsoft Store officially opens tomorrow. Yet another awesome retail option we have here in OKC
    Sweet. I stopped in the Microsoft Store last time I was in KC and it was pretty cool. I like them a lot more than the Apple stores because they have big XBOX/Kinect areas set up that you can try out. Of course I'm an XBOX guy, so maybe its just me.

I've never been in one. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Thread Information