Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: Uptown / 23rd District

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

2. West Central Sector

I can help fill in a blank for you in the West Central Sector. #40 is my wife's (Camden) business, Emerson Events & Design. She is a event & wedding planner, and floral designer. She shares the space with Amanda Watson Photography. Also, there are actually two buildings on the northwest corner of the 23rd St. Courts. Currently the building directly the the north of my wife's shop is available for lease. Marvin (who took over for his father, Mike) had leased it to an interior design company but it fell through. So I suppose you need an extra number in there. This picture shows the split between the two businesses.

Thanks for the info.; I'll update the maps.

I heard there was a new pizza place going in across from BTT.

Here's some good news that could signal a trend...

The apartment building at 2720 N. Robinson (Park Crest) is being remodeled for $100,000 and is owned by an architecture professor at OSU; bought it out of foreclosure last summer.

I was hoping that stretch of Robinson would start to turn around a bit, given everything that is happening on 23rd and maybe this is the start.

5. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

That place is going to require much more than $100,000, but I believe it was operating as a halfway house in the previous years? They should just tear it down and re-orient the property closer to Robinson and framing the corner with the views of Goodholm Park, which is actually a great park.

But that stretch of Robinson is quite stable. Could use some code enforcement with the lawns around 30th, but I think that all of those brownstones on the east side of the street have been renovated and some are quite nice.

Guernsey Park building
    If you've been prowling out behind Cuppies & Joe on NW 23 Street, you might've seen a beautiful restaurant space being built called Guernsey Park. The new restaurant will be the playground of Vuong Nguyen, current first apprentice at The Coach House. Nguyen's graduation dinner is set for Aug. 19, and he hopes to have Guernsey Park opened by middle to late September. Nguyen, who just finalized the menu for his graduation service, said the menu will reflect his Asian heritage but be driven by the classic flavors and techniques he's been studying under chefs Kurt Fleischfresser and David Henry the past two years.

Read more: http://newsok.com/restaurant-at-top-...#ixzz22FAeP8zX

This sounds promising!

500 block probably pertains to #'s 54-56 below:

I sure hope they fix the street lights on 23rd between robinson and sante-fe, perhaps have them synchronized as there is some pretty serious congestion at lunch time, and with all these new restaurants its bound to get worse.

Its a good time for serious eaters in this city.

10. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

...and a very bad time for the city to be on a diet (although, more better food always trumps less bad good)

The Hut shaved ice coming to the SW corner of 23rd and Robinson:

http://www.facebook.com/thehutokc

In the parking lot of the Qmart:

12. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

That will look tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    That will look tacky.
    You beat me to it, Spartan.

14. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

My first thought was, "Oh hell no, not on my 23rd and Robinson!!" before I remembered I don't own Uptown.. sadly. Lol

I posted that shack about 6 months ago on here and reported it to the city to see if it was up to code. Never got a response from city, but Meg Salyer did say she would forward it, id like to see the building permit. At first it looked like a run down storage shed, looks like they finally spruced it up.

16. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Whatever happened to Guyute's?

HangryHippo Guest

Where is Guyutes going to be located?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Where is Guyutes going to be located?
    http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...591#post500591

19. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Sounds good, thanks for the update. I will refrain from joking about the potential of a die-hard jam band fan getting distracted on the way to opening a business.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Sounds good, thanks for the update. I will refrain from joking about the potential of a die-hard jam band fan getting distracted on the way to opening a business.
    Phish is playing the Zoo Amphitheater tonight...

This may be a mile to the east, but yesterday they tore down the ugliest building near the capitol complex. It was a pink 2 story, all metal with hardly any windows, and what windows were there were boarded up. It came down in a day, and all that's left is a huge pile of twisted metal. Hopefully it'll be gone this week. This building was on the northwest quadrant of Lincoln and 23rd street.

My dad used to work in that building long before if was modified to the last, bastardized condition. That was where Benham Engineering was located when he went to work there in 1967 before the company moved to the 5-story building on the SW corner of NW 63rd & Grand in the Glenbrook Center area in the early 70.

Ugly? It was a mid century art deco gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    This may be a mile to the east, but yesterday they tore down the ugliest building near the capitol complex. It was a pink 2 story, all metal with hardly any windows, and what windows were there were boarded up. It came down in a day, and all that's left is a huge pile of twisted metal. Hopefully it'll be gone this week. This building was on the northwest quadrant of Lincoln and 23rd street.
    Was it this one?

Another one bites the dust. I really liked that old building. Just like so many other building that are torn down, they just needed the right owners.

What can Okc expect to be built in it's place?

Thread Information