Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave and Buster's

1. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Has he ever said what will happen to the Whataburger on 35th and May if they do indeed relocate?
    I think they stay open. They get a lot of business from the dense neighborhoods all around it. The new store is almost two miles away. The 35th & May store is the last national burger chain southbound on north May until - what? - SW 59th and May? Surely, they'll give it time to see what things look like in a year.

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    That is up in the air...according to the management folks, one week they are "relocating" it and the next they are keeping both open. Just depends on how many customers switch to the new location. that old location has most likely been paid off decades ago and other than maintenance issues with older buildings, should be quite profitable. Having places close to each other doesn't seem to bother McDonald's & others (McD's are spaced about 1-mile apart at nearly every exit along I-40 west of the interchange, sometimes with 2 locations at the same exit (a stand alone & inside Wal-mart), same is true for other dual McD's & Wal-mart in the metro.
    McD's pulls it off because they are the only ones consistent with speedy service, the others can't seem to get the speed down, especially whataburger.

It's all about convenience, moreso than taste.

There are actually a bunch of Whataburgers in that area, all tightly grouped: 36th & McArthur, less than 3 miles from 35th & May; about 3 miles from 78th & McArhtur, and about 5 miles from 13th & S. Meridian.

I vote for Whataburger to move it's HQ to somewhere on one of the M streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    There are actually a bunch of Whataburgers in that area, all tightly grouped: 36th & McArthur, less than 3 miles from 35th & May; about 3 miles from 78th & McArhtur, and about 5 miles from 13th & S. Meridian.
    Don't forget the one at 36th and MacArthur!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Don't forget the one at 36th and MacArthur!
    He didn't, it was the first one he listed

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I vote for Whataburger to move it's HQ to somewhere on one of the M streets.
    They just moved their HQ a couple of years ago from their hometown of Corpus Christi to San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    He didn't, it was the first one he listed
    I just saw 36th and May. Don't bite so hard, lol.

McDonald's isn't unique with locations in close proximity....Taco Bueno had a smiliar setup quite a few years back now. They had the original metro area store near 50th & MacArthur; 23rd & MacArthur, 23rd & Meridian; 39 & Meridian, 23rd & Penn; 63rd & Penn...point is it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    They just moved their HQ a couple of years ago from their hometown of Corpus Christi to San Antonio.
    I know, I was just being sarcastic. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    McDonald's isn't unique with locations in close proximity....Taco Bueno had a smiliar setup quite a few years back now. They had the original metro area store near 50th & MacArthur; 23rd & MacArthur, 23rd & Meridian; 39 & Meridian, 23rd & Penn; 63rd & Penn...point is it can work.
    You can't compare a few taco buenos to McDs strategy worldwide

OK metro, you win...back to the topic of Dave & Busters? LOL

Blog Entries

Drove by about an hour ago and there's a Coming Soon sign up that says "Early 2012".

Yeah, it's been up a couple weeks now.

15. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Ad for them hiring is now up on Craigslist. Says they will be opening in Jan 2012. READY FOR SOME FUN!!

yeah, their sign has also said Jan. 2012 for awhile now too so that should be pretty solid.

So . . . Has anyone already mentioned that "Dave and Busters" looks like a wornout playskool for old children who were deprived of ShowBizPizza/ChuckieCheez/Etc (and so forth including the food court at the AnaheimCAOriginalDisneyland) back in their formative years)?

No? Good.

I'd hate to base an opinion on television advertising.
    It is rarely a true reflection of . . . whatever.

Sorry: I'm still pissed off about Bahama Breeze going away and low Skee-Ball Scores at another location.

I played skee-ball at the state fair and it sucked!

Are they really not going to change the exterior of Dave and Busters...Is that really what it's going to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Are they really not going to change the exterior of Dave and Busters...Is that really what it's going to look like?
    Isn't this a new building. Why would they change it?

The different colored squares on the exterior are not what I remember Dave and Buster's looking like. Personally I was hoping that was not the final design.

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    The different colored squares on the exterior are not what I remember Dave and Buster's looking like. Personally I was hoping that was not the final design.
    Can you or someone else get a picture of it, I'm rarely in that area and when I am I'm always just east of there and I don't have the time to just go and check it out.

Blog Entries

Not the best picture ever, but taken yesterday with my phone from the Target paarking lot across the street...

You can make out the terrible paint job pretty well...

They should've built it next to the outlet mall. LOL

Picky picky picky..

Thread Information