Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    What sticks out to me in the last drone shot, is that the main entrance on either side is still a single door. This creates a bottleneck when you don't know who is coming and going. Anyone who has been at a Gen 3 QT store at peak morning drive or evening rush time knows what I am talking about.

Other than the truck pumps in the back, is there anything that sets this a part as a "Travel Stop" compared to the regular corner store QT's?
    There are four entrance doors, the two you see in the photo, which are on each side of the main counter, and then one more at the end on each side.

I've been in a Gen 3 travel stop and I didn't notice it was much larger on the inside. They are big stores to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    What sticks out to me in the last drone shot, is that the main entrance on either side is still a single door. This creates a bottleneck when you don't know who is coming and going. Anyone who has been at a Gen 3 QT store at peak morning drive or evening rush time knows what I am talking about.

Other than the truck pumps in the back, is there anything that sets this a part as a "Travel Stop" compared to the regular corner store QT's?
    I think they tend to be slightly bigger and slightly bigger random car stuff sections.

This is the eExpress across from the QuikTrip in Moore. Looks like QT is going to open first.

Interesting they didn't lay out the eExpress to face the highway like QT did. Sits way back and when all the semis are at the pumps....won't be able to see store. Wonder if the bill board stays also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the eExpress across from the QuikTrip in Moore. Looks like QT is going to open first.
    that is interesting .. because eExpress had quite a head start ..

^ Turning left out of there is going to be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    ^ Turning left out of there is going to be a mess.
    Surely there will be an exit onto the service road to facilitate right turns?? Right??

Then again, even if they do, there will always be "that guy" who will try to turn left and jam up the flow. What

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Surely there will be an exit onto the service road to facilitate right turns?? Right??

Then again, even if they do, there will always be "that guy" who will try to turn left and jam up the flow. What
    It used to be easy to access I35 South from this intersection. Now they have moved the on ramp like a mile south to get on. It is all service road so not bad but still a distance before merging on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    It used to be easy to access I35 South from this intersection. Now they have moved the on ramp like a mile south to get on. It is all service road so not bad but still a distance before merging on.
    it looks like the quick trip has exits onto north moore avenue. one could turn right on that and then make a left onto shields to quickly access southbound i-35. i hope no semi's try that route, though, as it would be fairly tricky to cross traffic there with a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    it looks like the quick trip has exits onto north moore avenue. one could turn right on that and then make a left onto shields to quickly access southbound i-35. i hope no semi's try that route, though, as it would be fairly tricky to cross traffic there with a trailer.
    I think they are currently adding a traffic signal there. Might be in preparation for the Quiktrip opening which would for sure bring more traffic.

It's interesting that QT has been paved with a mixture of asphalt and concrete.

Maybe the swaths of asphalt allow easier future access to the underground tanks?
    They did the same at the Henryetta location but none of the ones in Tulsa are mixed. They are usually all concrete.

Maybe the swaths of asphalt allow easier future access to the underground tanks?

I figure it has to do with cost. Asphalt is cheaper than concrete. They used concrete where it is likely to come into contact with petroleum products since they can degrade asphalt (around the pumps and the parking immediately next to the building). [I think that's why auto-parts stores pretty much always have concrete parking lots - they assume people coming there would have issues with their cars and drip fluids]

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I figure it has to do with cost. Asphalt is cheaper than concrete. They used concrete where it is likely to come into contact with petroleum products since they can degrade asphalt (around the pumps and the parking immediately next to the building). [I think that's why auto-parts stores pretty much always have concrete parking lots - they assume people coming there would have issues with their cars and drip fluids]
    Sure, but when they mix the two together it looks terrible. At least make the whole front half concrete. It really makes Oncue look superior, who has a store down the road with the whole parking lot concrete. I think most new gas stations being built use all concrete its a necessary expense when dealing with petroleum products like you said.

14. Default Re: QuikTrip

QT used Pete's picture on their twitter meme. Nice

https://x.com/QuikTrip/status/1752356934286455287?s=20

They are planning to open in Moore on Feb 15th.

Looks like the used concrete where the majority of the parking will occur and the cheaper asphalt elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Looks like the used concrete where the majority of the parking will occur and the cheaper asphalt elsewhere.
    The part around the pumps may be more due to flammability/liability mitigation, concrete is not going to do much if a small fire starts over it, but if a small fire gets started on top of asphalt it could get ignited. Though it also makes sense that the heavier used parking spots near the store get a more durable material than the ones that are either overflow or staff.

They are still planning on opening this Thursday 2/15.

I wonder if OKC talk is gonna Post a news article regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I wonder if OKC talk is gonna Post a news article regarding this.
    Two days before the Oklahoman does, I'm guessing.

We already reported on them opening today on 1/30 and again a few days ago.

We already reported on them opening today on 1/30 and again a few days ago.
    I think they were speculating about a post on the "News" section in the front page. Might be perception that a post listed there is news and a post in the forums is more, like, commentary than a "report".

So anybody been down there to check it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    i can't even imagine...

I'm guessing there is a line a mile long...only in oklahoma lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    First time QT experience. I was very impressed. I did notice that all gasoline grades are up to 10% ethanol. I did not see any 100% pure gasoline. The drink containers start at $1.19 with styrofoam cups costing more than the clear, recyclable plastic cups. Being a travel center, I was surprised to see tools and automotive accessories for sale. Restrooms are separated at complete opposite ends of the store.

Thread Information