Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

1. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    Who is this Paul Folger and why does he deserve evenings over John Flick?
    He's their newly hired anchorman, and they said he'll be doing evenings, though they haven't yet gotten specific about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and a KOCO employee will enlighten us on the details.

If I heard him right, his last gig was in Florida.

John Flick is just filling in anyway. Think how trashed his sleep cycle is, working mornings with JiaoJiao, then Fridays with Jessica. The question is, are we now going to get less Maggie Carlo, like we used to? Say it ain't so!

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

From the Lost Ogle site.............

Here is some bad news for those of us who ♥ lunges. It looks like KOKH evening anchor Jaime Cerreta has a talent page on medialine.com. From her online resume:

In my decade of news experience, I have consistently exceeded station expectations. Ratings in key demographics have increased each month since I started in my current position as Main Anchor/Reporter at KOKH FOX 25 Oklahoma City. I co-anchored the two top-rated nights and the best book ever in the station’s 10 year history.

Ratings Success • Community Involvement • Seasoned Anchor • Self Motivated • Solid Reporter • Succeeds under pressure

According to our media “insiders,” when a news personality posts one of these resume things, it usually means that the anchor has the “blessing” of the station management to look for a new job. If that’s the case, whoever runs Channel 25 probably needs to be fired tomorrow morning and then forced to listen to Mark Shannon on KTOK for two weeks as punishment.

Seriously, instead of giving Jaime permission to post an online resume, KOKH should probably just get rid of Andrew Speno, combine his old salary with her’s, and then force her to sign a long term contract. They should also get rid of Myron Patton and that weird weatherman, and have Jamie do those segments, too. They should also buy her green shots on St. Patrick’s Day, because we think she likes green shots on St. Patrick’s Day. That would make us happy.

Anyway, please call Channel 25 at 405.843.2525 and voice your concerns. As a happy group, maybe we can save Jaime Cerreta.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    He's their newly hired anchorman, and they said he'll be doing evenings, though they haven't yet gotten specific about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and a KOCO employee will enlighten us on the details.

If I heard him right, his last gig was in Florida.

John Flick is just filling in anyway. Think how trashed his sleep cycle is, working mornings with JiaoJiao, then Fridays with Jessica. The question is, are we now going to get less Maggie Carlo, like we used to? Say it ain't so!
    Add in the fact John also is an adjunct professor at OU in the afternoons.

How about Suzanne Steely? Anyone remember the "Fat Like Me" series?

John Flick won't be around much longer...

When does Jessica Schambach leave?

What happen to Jerry Adams?

What happened to Hickox and Halburnt?

Quote Originally Posted by lparsons View Post
    What happen to Jerry Adams?
    He got addicted to nose candy.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    When does Jessica Schambach leave?
    She's not going anywhere....however she is around 30 and if she wants kiddos...well, you know the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Cherokee Ballard is still with News 4 and I see her quite often.
    Cherokee's send-off was last night. She's going to be the Chief Information Officer for the State Medical Examiner's Office. I think. I've slept since then.

That sounds fascinating.

does anyone have a clip of it. I could only find the first 10 minutes of the newscast the KFOR website

14. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    Cherokee's send-off was last night. She's going to be the Chief Information Officer for the State Medical Examiner's Office. I think. I've slept since then.
    I watched the news last night and the night before. I didn't see anything said about it. I saw her on there yesterday, still with us.

Well, unless I was really asleep and dreaming, I know what I saw. I remember the teasers leading into the news that someone was leaving and made a point to stay up and watch. I remember being much surprised that it was her. I do also remember them saying that she still had a couple of days left, but they were doing her official send-off a little early. However, I could not find it on KFOR's website. Maybe she's pulling a Brett Favre?

16. Smile Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Nope, I saw it too...Linda said she wasn't going to be available on the evening news and she would still be around for a few days but wanted to be able to tell her goodbye on the 10 o'clock news.

Good! I wasn't hallucinating!

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors? Cherokee Ballard --- you GO girl!

Lord knows the Medical Examiner's Office needed someone good! How lucky they are to have someone as above-board, thorough, knowledgeable and excellent as Cherokee. Brad Edwards would be proud. We will miss her on the news, but her new responsibility at the Medical Examiner's Office is equally, if not more important. At least we can trust Cherokee to tell us the truth. She fights for what is right. I wish her the best...and good luck to OKC news to try to find a replacement of her caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by mickinwarracres View Post
    Nope, I saw it too...Linda said she wasn't going to be available on the evening news and she would still be around for a few days but wanted to be able to tell her goodbye on the 10 o'clock news.

For a brief moment, this post had me incredibly-excited, but then I re-read it and realized it was about Cherokee Ballard.

20. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

For those of you wanting to know a little about Kimberly Lohman, she moved to the D.C. area with Tyler and now goes by her married name: Kimberly Suiters.

Kimberly Suiters - Talent Biographies News Story - WRC | Washington

I caught one of her stories presented on KFOR the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Everyone knows Channel 4 is the best news for ALL time slots, hell channel 5 doesnt even have a noon newscast anymore.
    That's funny.

BTW, what the heck IS going on at KOCO? They change reporters way too much.

"Anyway, please call Channel 25 at 405.843.2525 and voice your concerns. As a happy group, maybe we can save Jaime Cerreta."

I was told from a fairly reliable source that Jamie is looking to move somewhere closer to her family in Arizona. So unless Vegas, Phoenix or LA calls, she probally staying put. Of course anything can happen.

When I was working in the media, if they even found out you were sending out tapes and resumes, you were shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjg24 View Post
    That's funny.

BTW, what the heck IS going on at KOCO? They change reporters way too much.
    Yes it is funny that Channel 5 dropped there noon newscast, guess they lost too many viewers to channel 4 at noon, channel 4 has an hour long noon newscast as well...

ATUTT What ever happened to Teri Watkins? She always came into my work and was a really nice lady!

Terri went to work for the office of the Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector a while ago. She's still there, although the auditor isn't.

Thread Information