Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Wow! Thats a great update, I need to swing by for a sandwich. I love the comment on how Midtown is becoming a "for locals" version of Bricktown. I live in the inner north side and I am in Midtown for a chunk of my day 3 days out of the week or more. I can't count how many times I've said nearly that same thing to my wife or friends. I'll be so happy to see it flesh out in to a first rate dining/entertainment district for us inner city folks.

Metro auto dealers group steers its way to Automobile Alley
    BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: July 18, 2009

The Metropolitan Auto Dealers are returning home to where cars were first sold in downtown Oklahoma City, one of several signs that the recession hasn’t stalled development along Automobile Alley.

Peter Hodges, director of the association, said the two-story building, built as an apartment house in 1929, is a month away from being ready for occupancy.

"We were created along Automobile Alley in 1916 — we resided just down the street,” Hodges said. "We wanted to move back to the street where the car dealerships were first doing business.”

For the rest of Steve's article:

http://newsok.com/metro-auto-dealers...ad_story_title

This article also talks about the house next to Sarasara cupcakes. I drove by it last night and it looks like the outside is very close if not entirely complete. Not sure about the inside.

3. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Sounds like more progress is being made by Midtown Renaissance than I realized. Good news.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Sounds like more progress is being made by Midtown Renaissance than I realized. Good news.
    Me too. I drove down there a couple of weeks ago and the building on the NW corner of 10th and Broadway had all of the windows out. Now most of them are in and all of the windows on the building on the NE corner are out and being replaced. Should be interesting to see what goes in there.

5. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

I'm totally relieved to see them restoring the original casement windows in those buildings instead of doing the ever-popular rip-out-and-replace-with-tinted-glass-in-alumimun-or-vinyl-frames bit.

Very few quality casement windows exist these days in OKC, and when I was involved with the Automobile Alley Main Street Program we fretted at times over whether good historic preservation would eventually happen on those particular windows or not. The way they are doing it is a little bit more difficult and probably a bit more expensive, but it will build so much value into the buildings and into the rest of the neighborhood to have those original windows. Kudos to them.

Hadden Hall got a new parking lot paved a week or two ago, they are almost ready to pave the parking lot at the Hotel Cline. The other properties on N. Francis between 11th and 12th have been under serious work for 2-3 weeks now, workers out there every day, new windows, and they have been leveling the dirt to get ready to pave it.

I know between Hadden Hall and Cline there are supposed to be 31 apartments/condo's available for sale or rent and the buyer has the choice to do the finishes, etc.

For MikeOKC and a few others that were looking for a cheaper alternative to live downtown, these two properties might be a good option for you.

I heard an Italian joint signed a lease in the bldg. next to 1492 where the Gaijin Sushi was going to go.

maybe they will serve pizza by the slice.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I heard an Italian joint signed a lease in the bldg. next to 1492 where the Gaijin Sushi was going to go.
    The last word I heard on it, is that it isn't officially signed yet. That was from an extremely reliable source, but it has been a few weeks ago. Hopefully, its done by now, but yes, it is an Italian restaurant. People will definately recognize the group.

Hmmm.... "Flips".... could it be that Flips is adding a Midtown location? Joined a year ago and only 16 posts makes me wonder. I'd love to have a Flips nearby!

Also, I was driving around a few minutes ago around 12th and Hudson, there are two vacant lots being cleared. I'm wondering if Clagg/Howard are going to pave it for more MidTown parking or if something is going to be built? Anyone know?

I've heard that this is a done deal, but the group has changed players a bit. Should be a great addition to Midtown.

12. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Hmmm.... "Flips".... could it be that Flips is adding a Midtown location? Joined a year ago and only 16 posts makes me wonder. I'd love to have a Flips nearby!

Also, I was driving around a few minutes ago around 12th and Hudson, there are two vacant lots being cleared. I'm wondering if Clagg/Howard are going to pave it for more MidTown parking or if something is going to be built? Anyone know?
    I've been watching this for the past few days and I suspect you are correct about the parking.

Don't Bricktown my Midtown.

Nice. I thought about creating a bumper sticker saying, Don't Edmond my Downtown!

Sorry, metro. Not a flips. I actually stole my name from the Flaming Lips. Some fans call them the flips.

I live right down the street from there at Harvey Lofts, and I've seen the construction as well. I believe that one of the lots will be parking for the Sieber. I'll find out for sure Tuesday.

15. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

A new Italian place. I'm excited about that.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

16. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Looks like there are new plans for the Heritage Building in Midtown. According to the Midtown Renaissance website, it is entitled, "Twelve Twelve."

Does anyone else know anything more on this?

Do these people know what they're doing? I know Banta's out of it now, but what do we know about the principals involved now?

18. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

It looks pretty decent to me. Certainly a lot better than what it currently looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Do these people know what they're doing? I know Banta's out of it now, but what do we know about the principals involved now?
    Same principals as before (Bob Howard/Mickey Clagg), the players with money are the same, they just hired experts that have more experience than Banta had. It's a good thing really.

20. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

I can't remember what it looks like currently, but that looks pretty good and that intersection is PRIME for housing. What about the Osler?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Italian place owned by Lori and Ty Tyler is what's going in that spot.

Default Midtown

With all the talk about development of DT OKC, I am wondering if there has been more progress made in the Midtown Area? Ever since Greg Banta sold his interests I have not heard alot going on? Anything new? Does anyone feel that Midtown is right for mid rise development such as 10-15 stories? It would certainly make MT more dense. Too many empty lots.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-05-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: clarification of subject

23. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Here's a MidTown development that should begin soon, although I'm getting skeptical of it as well:

A Downtown ontheRange: New loft project on Walker Ave/MidTown

1212 N Walker, 21 units. Plus street retail.

It's very annoying to hear that a project can't proceed because of the "economy." That sounds like a great scapegoat for when a developer can't get a project off..even in bad economies there should be SOME little infill projects going on.

24. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Its annoying that banks are getting all of this TARP money but not lending it out. THis is probably the only thing with which I agree with Obama on.

25. Default Re: Any New Midtown Developments?

Well it was pretty short sighted to expect that banks would gladly just pass the money on to worthwhile investors.

Thread Information