Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I believe the plan is to have the garage largely finished not long after the first of the year, and then the tower structure will start rising from the ground about the same time.

Considering the progress they've made in just a month and a half, I can certainly foresee that happening.

We've been told that all employees will be moved into the garage by July. It will start in February though and as they finish different area's more will be moved out of existing parking at the Santa Fe and Cox.

It is amazing how much dirt has been delivered to the site in the last two days...

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    I haven't been in downtown OKC in about 20 yrs.. Is that the Black Hotel on the right side of cam. image?
    Yes it is. There will be some changes coming to that block. We just don't what what nor when - but they are coming.

Thanks for the time laps stuff Monk - What I think would be cool to see with the garage would be a lapse of only a couple of shots per day and have the entire project up to now.

We've been told that all employees will be moved into the garage by July. It will start in February though and as they finish different area's more will be moved out of existing parking at the Santa Fe and Cox.
    That's great.

Should mean many that were displaced from the garage under construction will soon be able to park at Cox Center.

I keep seeing all the progress (thanks again for the cam!) and I'm really starting to wonder whether all the hardhats and safety vests are emblazoned with:

KICK ARSE, TAKE NAMES, REPEAT!

8. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    Yes, its definitely a safety issue, Also, the last thing you want on a construction project is curious onlookers who will wander out onto the jobsite
    The east garage is in use. How is it different?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I haven't been in downtown OKC in about 20 yrs.. Is that the Black Hotel on the right side of cam. image?
    That's it.

gen70, if it's been that long you need to get back downtown

Unfortunately the majority of the current action is about to be off cam - some of it already is. A lot more movement on the garage then on the building site.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    gen70, if it's been that long you need to get back downtown
    I'd love to metro but, I live to far away. [Asheville N.C.]
    I used to work for SWB downtown in the 70's.

I'd love to metro but, I live to far away. [Asheville N.C.]
    I used to work for SWB downtown in the 70's.
    What is the hold-up? Take I-40 westbound for 983 miles. Exit when you see the tall building under construction.

SWING DOWN TO ATL IF YOU DO.

Nah, he'll make the next flight (fingers crossed)

Snow on Devon Cam on Christmas Eve!

At least I can watch a White Christmas if not experience one directly.

Be thankful you are not experiencing this one! Sleeting, wind from north sustained 20 mph, gusts to 46 mph. This is not a "pretty" day! Temp 31 degrees, WC 18 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Just fyi, yes NewsOk is working w/ Devon on a webcam. It's been a frustratingly slow process and I'm embarassed that's it's not up yet (it's amazing what happens to timelines when lawyers get involved). Hat's off to OKCTalk to showing how to get it done quickly.
    Pete probably dinna talk to any of the OKCtalk lawyer members.

Here's a thought, i don't think the weather will get real heavy, but if it does, will the van stay visible? maybe I shoulda tagged it after all, might seen like a public service now, hehehehe

18. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Pete probably dinna talk to any of the OKCtalk lawyer members.

Here's a thought, i don't think the weather will get real heavy, but if it does, will the van stay visible? maybe I shoulda tagged it after all, might seen like a public service now, hehehehe
    I'd say the weather is pretty heavy ... the web cam seems not to have added an image since 12/24 @ 1:09 (it is now 2:46), but here's a screen capture all wrapped up in a frame for Christmas! Is that lonely van the vehicle you guys have been talking about?

MadMonk Guest

Nice job Doug. BTW, the cam is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    I'd say the weather is pretty heavy ... the web cam seems not to have added an image since 12/24 @ 1:09 (it is now 2:46), but here's a screen capture all wrapped up in a frame for Christmas! Is that lonely van the vehicle you guys have been talking about?
    Yes, that's the van, and yes, I blew the call on the weather. Blame it on wishful thinking and hoping on my part. Wanted us and a swath from SE OK to W Texas to remain reasonably clear for the sake of a nephew seeing his little girl shortly after Christmas. Probably not happening this year after this.

Stay safe and warm all. I think I'm logging out and doing some kiddo gabbing the rest of the eve (unless they gets a wee tired of the old guy)

Lil' Em is not quite big enough to wanna see Santa trappings at first light, so it's still just peaceful and quiet here. the cam shot at 9:48 this morning is just fab!, especially compared to the storm shot Doug used yesterday. What a contrast and what a difference a day makes in Oklahoma. 5' drifts around the house. The tank is the only vehicle that can make it out the drive thanks to the multiple passes of the grader, but by golly, it's a white Christmas and my kiddos and grandbaby and baby to be will wake and stir soon and while life ain't perfect, today is a feel blessed day.

Peace and blessing to you and yours.

22. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Kevin, you got me to thinking ... here is a web cam shot on Christmas Day ... looks a lot better than yesterday!

So is the superstructure going to begini n the next couple of weeks? My wife got us tickets to the Mayer concert in March, so we will be down again then, hopefully some of the structure will be going up.

24. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Should be by then for sure.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

25. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

The van is gone again! I hope it didn't get towed.

Thread Information