Widgets Magazine
Page 103 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3539899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

It's ridiculous how picky they get on these applications, especially when you're renewing. I've seen people get rejected for their photo that was perfectly acceptable for their passport (like, they went to a walgreens, got passport photos, and used them for both applications). What makes it worse is that it tends to take two weeks or more to even get the rejection.

I also noticed the date jump that happens in the application system, so you're not alone there.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    It's ridiculous how picky they get on these applications, especially when you're renewing. I've seen people get rejected for their photo that was perfectly acceptable for their passport (like, they went to a walgreens, got passport photos, and used them for both applications). What makes it worse is that it tends to take two weeks or more to even get the rejection.

I also noticed the date jump that happens in the application system, so you're not alone there.
    Thanks for the confirmation that we're not seeing things with the weird date crap, I emailed them with details and screenshot. And yeah, wife got rejected in 2019 for bangs being too long in her pic when her passport pic had her bangs longer than the OMMA pic. Really, OMMA - you're going to be more strict than the US Dept. of State?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation that we're not seeing things with the weird date crap, I emailed them with details and screenshot. And yeah, wife got rejected in 2019 for bangs being too long in her pic when her passport pic had her bangs longer than the OMMA pic. Really, OMMA - you're going to be more strict than the US Dept. of State?
    More - emailed OMMA last night asking what the status was, mentioning that their system mistakenly rejected my application (as well as my wife's and others I had heard about) for a wrong signature date, and I resubmitted it immediately and that was two weeks ago. This morning, the renewal application was approved (complete coincidence, I'm guessing ). Wife got an email saying hers was approved also. Now I just have to wait another few days for the 30 days to be up for us not getting our new DLs in the mail, and I'll have to email *them*.

4. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    More - emailed OMMA last night asking what the status was, mentioning that their system mistakenly rejected my application (as well as my wife's and others I had heard about) for a wrong signature date, and I resubmitted it immediately and that was two weeks ago. This morning, the renewal application was approved (complete coincidence, I'm guessing ). Wife got an email saying hers was approved also. Now I just have to wait another few days for the 30 days to be up for us not getting our new DLs in the mail, and I'll have to email *them*.
    Heh, I requested a new birth certificate back in March and that still hasn't arrived yet. OSDH says "please allow up to 10 weeks for delivery" so I might have to start pestering them too (I know they got it cause they cashed the check I sent them). Gotta love Oklahoma government...

Make it recreational

My initial application was denied over the photo issue as well.

This is nuts.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...e32a459a6.html

They just need to make marijuana recreational and lax the laws. It’s hard to believe we’re still making pot busts.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This is nuts.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...e32a459a6.html

They just need to make marijuana recreational and lax the laws. It’s hard to believe we’re still making pot busts.
    There's nothing nuts about enforcing the sourcing laws. There is absolutely no reason for stores to go around the laws and source illegally. It's super easy to make money and be profitable as a dispensary while following the rules, and folks like this who break the laws endanger their customers, endanger the entire industry, and adds ammunition to the fire to the opposition to legalization. We shouldn't coddle or reward folks who want to act like marijuana is a corner drug business or a black market, and not a legit industry. Even with full legalization we would still be enforcing distribution and tracking laws, and wouldn't have changed this situation.

I'd expect this to be treated the same as if someone was bootlegging liquor.

This is not the same as bootlegging liquor. Alcohol is already widely recreationally legal so those two don’t compare. Marijuana just needs to be made legal recreationally. Hearing about pot busts left and right in Oklahoma is nuts. It’s not often you hear about a bootlegging or moonshine bust.

This is not the same as bootlegging liquor. Alcohol is already widely recreationally legal so those two don’t compare. Marijuana just needs to be made legal recreationally. Hearing about pot busts left and right in Oklahoma is nuts. It’s not often you hear about a bootlegging or moonshine bust.
    This wasn't the case of some random person going out of state, buying weed, and getting busted bringing it in. This was a case of someone transmitting extremely large amounts of weed to supply store inventory. Weed that hasn't been tested. That there's no seed to shelf tracing. Weed that could contain all sorts of contaminants and more. Weed that wasn't properly taxed in Oklahoma, so the state (IE - all of us) loses out in those revenues. All for what? To try to cheat and make a little extra money. Stores can buy all the flower they want from certified Oklahoma suppliers. Opening a dispensary is basically like winning the lottery right now. If some store gets busted selling illegally sourced weed I hope they lose their license. It's the same that would happen if a liquor store was selling product illegally (I know of a store that lost their license because they restocked from another liquor store, for example - bars can also lose their license over this).

As for bootlegging busts? They happen. You don't hear about them because there aren't a bunch of people jumping in every time to act like it's some federal crime that the police actually enforced the laws. The pro-marijuana community need to grow up if they want to be treated like a real industry. Remember, this isn't about busting potheads. It's about protecting the citizens of the state of Oklahoma from potentially harmful products. This is EXACTLY what we want the law enforcement community focused on.

Oklahoma has the most generous medical marijuana laws in the country (as far as I'm aware). It's essentially legal for recreational, except that the state gets their cut with a license. And if people can't operate within these extremely loose laws legally it doesn't make a good argument for full legalization.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    This wasn't the case of some random person going out of state, buying weed, and getting busted bringing it in. This was a case of someone transmitting extremely large amounts of weed to supply store inventory. Weed that hasn't been tested. That there's no seed to shelf tracing. Weed that could contain all sorts of contaminants and more. Weed that wasn't properly taxed in Oklahoma, so the state (IE - all of us) loses out in those revenues. All for what? To try to cheat and make a little extra money. Stores can buy all the flower they want from certified Oklahoma suppliers. Opening a dispensary is basically like winning the lottery right now. If some store gets busted selling illegally sourced weed I hope they lose their license. It's the same that would happen if a liquor store was selling product illegally (I know of a store that lost their license because they restocked from another liquor store, for example - bars can also lose their license over this).

As for bootlegging busts? They happen. You don't hear about them because there aren't a bunch of people jumping in every time to act like it's some federal crime that the police actually enforced the laws. The pro-marijuana community need to grow up if they want to be treated like a real industry. Remember, this isn't about busting potheads. It's about protecting the citizens of the state of Oklahoma from potentially harmful products. This is EXACTLY what we want the law enforcement community focused on.

Oklahoma has the most generous medical marijuana laws in the country (as far as I'm aware). It's essentially legal for recreational, except that the state gets their cut with a license. And if people can't operate within these extremely loose laws legally it doesn't make a good argument for full legalization.

Lol start bootleggin liquor and selling it in Byron's and watch what happens

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Lol start bootleggin liquor and selling it in Byron's and watch what happens
    Right or let’s just legalize recreational pot and end this silly debate.

Or let’s just let it drag out and watch the state conservatives butcher the law down as much as possible ya know

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...965e98489.html

Right or let’s just legalize recreational pot and end this silly debate.

Or let’s just let it drag out and watch the state conservatives butcher the law down as much as possible ya know

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ma...965e98489.html
    there still would be pot busts ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Yeah I mean, everything is still regulated with you know, rules.

There are absolutely arguments for full legalization left and right. My point remains valid.

There are absolutely arguments for full legalization left and right. My point remains valid.
    Maybe. But this case is more about tax evasion and product safety, and nothing to do with legalization. It's probably not the best example.

As you can imagine, there are a lot of dodgy people involved in cannabis in this town.

You can argue for more relaxed laws but that does not change the fact there are all types of crazy things going on in that business and there has to be some sort of control/oversight.

Knowing what I know, there needs to be more regulation, not less. A lot of money flowing through that industry and lots of sleazy and dishonest people.

HangryHippo Guest

Very well said, Jerry.

Blog Entries

Post Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Our State needs to put Recreational Marijuana on the ballot; give people an option on Medical or Recreational. Why? People with Medical Marijuana Cards are getting marijuana for recreational users as well--think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Our State needs to put Recreational Marijuana on the ballot; give people an option on Medical or Recreational. Why? People with Medical Marijuana Cards are getting marijuana for recreational users as well--think about it.
    There were barely enough unpaid volunteers willing to get enough signatures to get SQ788 on the ballot, though. I don't know if there would be enough unpaid volunteers to do something like it again. 65,987 signatures were required for SQ788. 67,761 signatures were gathered. I gathered close to 1000 of them, mostly in Stillwater with 122+ in OKC. If I couldn't be bothered with getting any signatures and the same way with some other person who got around 1000 signatures, then SQ788 would have never made it to the ballot in 2018.

Since fewer signatures are required it would have to be for a statue change, rather than a state constitutional amendment. Yet, if passed for the statutes, you'd have to hope again state legislators won't gut it.

A lot of people couldn't believe legislators were too afraid to gut SQ788. But a bunch of losses to Republican incumbents in the June 2018 primary sobered them up into realizing they had best listen to the will of the voters including their 57% approved of SQ788. The governor and state legislators wisely stood back and let the state health department worry about implementing the nation's most liberal medical marijuana program as prescribed under SQ788..

23. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    There were barely enough unpaid volunteers willing to get enough signatures to get SQ788 on the ballot, though. I don't know if there would be enough unpaid volunteers to do something like it again. 65,987 signatures were required for SQ788. 67,761 signatures were gathered. I gathered close to 1000 of them, mostly in Stillwater with 122+ in OKC. If I couldn't be bothered with getting any signatures and the same way with some other person who got around 1000 signatures, then SQ788 would have never made it to the ballot in 2018.

Since fewer signatures are required it would have to be for a statue change, rather than a state constitutional amendment. Yet, if passed for the statutes, you'd have to hope again state legislators won't gut it.

A lot of people couldn't believe legislators were too afraid to gut SQ788. But a bunch of losses to Republican incumbents in the June 2018 primary sobered them up into realizing they had best listen to the will of the voters including their 57% approved of SQ788. The governor and state legislators wisely stood back and let the state health department worry about implementing the nation's most liberal medical marijuana program as prescribed under SQ788..
    But now you have an established system of hot spots where pro-cannabis people congregate—dispensaries. Hang out outside the door of the dispensary, ask everyone going inside to sign. Who would say no? Getting the signatures would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post

I think they would easily get enough sigs. I think many folks were intimidated before but since it's out of the bag now people aren't going to be so gun shy about supporting this IMO. But the question is, will passing rec. actually be more restrictive than what we have now? I don't know the answer to that.

25. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

I just helped my 78 year old mother with her application back east. Little more difficult, they require a specific ailment to approve you. She'll have her card in about 2 weeks. I may do the same for me.

Thread Information