Widgets Magazine
Page 102 of 486 FirstFirst ... 252979899100101102103104105106107152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Excellent photos DelCamino! The one with all four cranes showing is a remarkable shot! So very nice to get to see all this via internet...just could never get there myself to see it all--thanks to all of you who take the effort to bring it all to us. The documentation on this building as it is constructed will become legendary...at least for me! A nice thing to do for an old geezer like myself...

Yay! Finally they're back on track as I see the NW elevator core has progressed! Wish them luck.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

great pics.

I have a technical question. They use a lot of wood to build skyscrapers. Do they recycle the wood or at least, do they reuse the forms? What about the floors, do they build, then tear it down and rebuild?

Keep the pics comin', we expats greatly appreciate
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    great pics.

I have a technical question. They use a lot of wood to build skyscrapers. Do they recycle the wood or at least, do they reuse the forms? What about the floors, do they build, then tear it down and rebuild?

Keep the pics comin', we expats greatly appreciate
    The forms are typically reused when at all possible, some are not simply because of unique cuts that are not replicated elsewhere. The first couple of floors are like that but once they get to the repeating floors, usually they will build 2-3 complete floor plates of form work, and then as the first used concrete reaches strength they will take off the forms from underneath and replace the shoring. (all of the supports you see underneath) This process is called re-shoring. They then will re assemble the form work on the the next highest floor lay the post tension cables while the columns are poured and moved up, and then pour that floor, and repeat the process all the way up until they reach a unique floor as it tapers to the top. Even then the old form work can be reused only trimmed down so long as it is still in good enough shape.

It is common to see 3-4 floors with shoring before to give enough time for the concrete to reach sufficient strength, to have the shoring removed. A lot depends on the pace they are keeping.

5. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

thanks for that EXCELLENT explanation OKC@heart!

Im glad to hear that skyscraper builders aren't just wasting a lot of wood building the concrete structure.

That first pic DelCamino, is awesome!

nm

Cool Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered before but does anyone know what this will look like after dark? How will they light it up, do they know yet? What would be the possibilities? Would be awesome if something like the vertical lit green building in Dallas?

Del - super pictures!

And thank you, OKC@heart and all the others on this thread who post explanations.
    Having a front row seat to the construction is exciting but the explanations of why they are doing what they are doing makes it much more interesting.

My co-workers are also impressed with my "knowledge" - I have told them, of course, to come to OKCTalk for the scoop!

Never a problem, and thanks to all who provide the great images and thoughts and insights through those who you may know who all play various roles in the process. What a fantastic time for this great city!

I will be in Okc this weekend and the first part of the week so will try to get by the site and snap a few pictures myself. I am going to be there for an interview...it would be great to come back home! We will see how it plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    Never a problem, and thanks to all who provide the great images and thoughts and incites through those who you may know who all play various roles in the process. What a fantastic time for this great city!

I will be in Okc this weekend and the first part of the week so will try to get by the site and snap a few pictures myself. I am going to be there for an interview...it would be great to come back home! We will see how it plays out!
    Best of luck!

In todays edition of the Oklahoman (real estate section) there was a listing of a building permit issued to Flintco Inc. for 333 W. Sherian (Devon tower) for $380,743,000.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

13. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

yes, best of luck OKC@heart

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    In todays edition of the Oklahoman (real estate section) there was a listing of a building permit issued to Flintco Inc. for 333 W. Sherian (Devon tower) for $380,743,000.
    That's just over half of the originally estimated total cost of the building. It means they're either finally paying up to Flintco or we're about to see some big time changes...

That's for my retirement home at Gaillardia :-)

Here are a few from this evening. There are more here.

Great shots King, looks like it is sure coming along!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Great shots King, looks like it is sure coming along!
    Agreed..

Wow, It looks like the floor will be done by the end of the week. The shoring system on the northern side went up fast once that column was completed.

Wow! Keep the pictures coming!

Looks great, King - thanks for posting!

I'll try and get some later this week. Too much to carry in this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    That's just over half of the originally estimated total cost of the building. It means they're either finally paying up to Flintco or we're about to see some big time changes...
    I wonder if that is just material cost, or material cost for first year of construction? Maybe they will file many permits in different stages. Many times the county assessor value is way less than the market value of a property.

permits fees are based on square footage for new buildings, $0.25 per square foot

kinggober...do you have that 3rd pic when the trees were in full bloom from that same location?

Should construction go faster after they finish with this floor on the tower? Also have they even started building up on the podium?

Thread Information