Widgets Magazine
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252979899100101102
Results 2,526 to 2,534 of 2534

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Sorry, where did you see that Allegiant is leaving?
    You can't book any flights with them after Aug 8th too any locations from OKC. I haven't seen anything official trying to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Southwest? Frontier?

We found the Allegiant routes too inconsistent for us to travel and arrive and leave on the days we wanted compared to Southwest having three or so non-stops to Las Vegas every day.

This! It got to the point that I stopped bothering to even check their schedule anymore when looking at non-stop flights to and from Vegas. While the prices were decent, the times never seemed to ever work out.

3. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Flew out of OKC for the first time in quite a while, had a very nice experience. Good representation for the city, one of the nicer regional-type airports I've been to.

Security was a breeze - walked straight in through Precheck. The main concourse areas were very nice. Spacious, clean, modern looking. Plenty of food and drink options on the way to my gate. Really like some of the OKC branding they've put up.

Feel like some of the gate signage could be updated, electronic updates would be nice. There were very few power outlets at my gate, which is a bit of a headache. Most chairs didn't have anything to plug into.

Overall - very nice airport.

4. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

The power outlet thing is something I see all over the country. I get that it's expensive to put them in, but with so many people using their phones as their boarding pass these days, it would be nice to not have to cluster around the few ports available. And who wants to sit at those "charging stations"?

I get that you can't re-arrange the seating once you have put in the power lines and people aren't meant to be in that area for too long, but when the planes themselves also don't have charging ports, it becomes a problem if you dont have a power bank. It's your entertainment device on the plane now and once you land, it's your rideshare reservation kiosk. It needs the juice man! And so many of those crappy regional jets they love to have come to Will Rogers, don't have any power options (usb or plugs) so that's a super bummer. So both the airports and the airlines aren't super awesome in this area. You get on a Boeing or Airbus, and you have them...you know, a real airplane. Oh how i wish those regionals would be tossed.

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    . You get on a Boeing or Airbus, and you have them...you know, a real airplane.
    Not on a Southwest Boeing, you don't. But that is changing and will change with them. Especially tough with them because they don't provide seatback IFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Not on a Southwest Boeing, you don't. But that is changing and will change with them. Especially tough with them because they don't provide seatback IFE.
    Last Southwest flight I was on had both usb and power outlets. It was the second SW flight I'd been on with them.

7. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBenjals! View Post
    Flew out of OKC for the first time in quite a while, had a very nice experience. Good representation for the city, one of the nicer regional-type airports I've been to.

Security was a breeze - walked straight in through Precheck. The main concourse areas were very nice. Spacious, clean, modern looking. Plenty of food and drink options on the way to my gate. Really like some of the OKC branding they've put up.

Feel like some of the gate signage could be updated, electronic updates would be nice. There were very few power outlets at my gate, which is a bit of a headache. Most chairs didn't have anything to plug into.

Overall - very nice airport.
    I've flown to 5 different countries in Europe,1 in north Africa, and 1 in the middle east in the past month and none of those airports have plug-ins at the seats. I guess it's going to take along time for all airports to catch up with the times lol

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    I've flown to 5 different countries in Europe,1 in north Africa, and 1 in the middle east in the past month and none of those airports have plug-ins at the seats. I guess it's going to take along time for all airports to catch up with the times lol
    Well they probably make money from renting out space to those 'Power bank' vendors so they are in no hurry to catch up with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Wow. What do you do?

Thread Information