Widgets Magazine
Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 252979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2565

Thread: Omni Hotel

Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Hi all, I stayed 3-nights at the Omni Hotel last week and let me tell you, the experience was exceptional.

The ONLY compaints I could come up with were the insistent country music being broadcast in the lobby/public areas (come on guys, let's vary the music genre's or at least play MODERN versions), Bob's doesn't do room service nor room delivery (complete missed opportunity IMO), and the valet parking overbilled me (4 nights billed). Otherwise, the hotel was nice, the views inside and outside into the skyline were spectacular, the arrival had fresh, warm cookies and milk and personal welcome letter en-suite (a very nice 5* touch), and the bell-hop-to-room/suite and front door folks really gave the 5-diamond experience.

The hotel itself also makes more of an impression on the skyline than I had previously imagined. Should it be taller, yes. But it does make an impression especially when coming from the south up Robinson or Shields from the interstate - actually frames the skyline perfectly from that vantage. ..
    Ixnay to the Country Music. It was playing in the lobby at ear-splitting levels when my wife stopped in for a tour a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was programmed for the convention guests who were there.

2. Default Re: Omni Hotel

if OKC wants to be remembered as a modern city then it's convention hotel needs to vary the music, or just do elevator/classical music, or none at all.

Playing ONLY country music just perpetuates the narrative I thought (hope) OKC is trying to drop.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

It really is all about "diversity". Why not play soft jazz, pop, classical. Surely OKC residents have a diverse genre in music taste including the management of the OMNI?

4. Default Re: Omni Hotel

exactly. Nothing against country music (I actually like to a degree). But this was a taxpayer funded hotel (so don't give me the Private Business crap) that is supposed to reflect personality of Oklahoma City.

The music I heard while staying there was ridiculous (mostly WAY TOO LOUD) and definitely didn't reflect well nor what I know OKC to be. And there was no convention going on while I was there (good thing actually IMO).

If they dont want to vary the music then just play Elevator Music, Soft Piano, or nothing at all. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I don't mind old country but this new age country music is just awful. I am not sure what is worse, mumble rap or new country. I went to Fish City Grill the other day and they were playing some Soul mixed with Classical Jazz. It was a breath of fresh honestly. But I will say, this is hardly an Oklahoma thing. I see in Arizona, Utah, California, etc.

I stayed there in Feb. and the music being played was inconsequential. I enjoyed the strong drinks, the appearance of the hotel and service.

FWIW, I've been there a few times there and never noticed the ambient music.

So, perhaps they've made a change.

8. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    FWIW, I've been there a few times there and never noticed the ambient music.

So, perhaps they've made a change.
    When we stayed there in early March it was incredibly loud, annoying country music. Living here my whole life I am kinda used to non-Oklahomans assuming they are conforming to Oklahoma if they play country music so I didn't even mention it in my review. But, YES, they should lower the volume and/or change the style.

9. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I didn't notice any music when I stayed there. Might be a specific managers shift?

Anyone have a feel for the occupancy at the OMNI during the WCWS ( Does the area appear busy). The OMNI may be out of reach for most softball fans (I don't know) but I was just wondering if many were experiencing OKC newest and most elegant lodging and food experience

I don't know about this weekend but every time I walk past there, a bunch of people are checking in and out.

I bet with restrictions being lifted, they are going to be very busy this summer.

And when conventions start to kick in, even more so.

12. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Anyone have a feel for the occupancy at the OMNI during the WCWS ( Does the area appear busy). The OMNI may be out of reach for most softball fans (I don't know) but I was just wondering if many were experiencing OKC newest and most elegant lodging and food experience
    I know someone who took a tour today and saw the OU softball team. She was also told that they are sold for next weekend. Can't wait for the conventions to start ramping up.

Because the Omni has a deal with the city, I would expect they will be reporting revenues and occupancy rates on a regular basis and in a way that would be public.

Also, the Convention and Visitors Bureau does periodic hotel/motel surveys for the entire city.

So, we should start seeing some hard numbers in the near future.

Thanks folks

One of my employees works remotely from her home in Tulsa, but she travels into the office here twice a month. Even though our office is in north OKC, she always chooses to stay at the Omni. When we pick up her and her husband for dinner, the Omni is always just buzzing with activity. They absolutely love the vibe downtown. I've really been surprised the hotel has taken off so fast (at least that's my perception). Their opening was timed perfectly with travel starting to pick up.

Can someone visit the pool w/ a day pass or do you have to have a room?

Seltzer's has opened but only for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.

19. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The pricing is pretty silly for some of the bigger weekends. My GF looked into doing that for a bday party, and the Cabanas are limited to 4 people and are roughly the price of a room. It made more sense to book a room for the day vs. buying the day pass fwiw. It looks like its already a hit though, from the pictures I saw from last weekend it was slammed.

Blog Entries

probably what they'd prefer tbh

"rooms booked" is a better stat than "passes sold"

21. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Had a getaway this weekend for my anniversary. Thought I'd share some shots from the 13th floor of the Omni, looking towards downtown.

snip of the attached garage that connects to the convention center...no hotel link. Have to cross the road for the hotel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	570.7 KB 
ID:	16959

Park had something going on. The pool was poppin!

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	631.1 KB 
ID:	16960

Distance shot of the Health Complex.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	16961

Downtown shot.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	583.4 KB 
ID:	16962

Looking west as much as I could.

Name:	20210710_171939.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	9.28 MB 
ID:	16963

Convention Center (well the roof). You can see the 4th St stuff well from here though.

Name:	20210710_172240.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	5.02 MB 
ID:	16964

The park looks really flat from up here.

Name:	20210710_172248.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	10.10 MB 
ID:	16965

Rain shot with some lighting.

Name:	20210710_212028.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	6.93 MB 
ID:	16966

Happy Anniversary! Those are great pics! Wow pool was busy!

I'm slightly floored at how busy that pool is.

Thanks for the pics!

Good pics but I can’t help but notice a lot of rooftop space for solar panels in those.

25. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I stayed at the Omni for my anniversary as well over the weekend. We had a great experience. I've never seen a hotel pool outside of Las Vegas or a resort be so busy. The park was crazy busy with some sort of CrossFit competition. The CC had a tattoo artist convention and the Chesapeake hosted Epic schools graduation. Unfortunately, due to the storm we didn't venture out much (we had dinner at Mahogany's) so I can't say how busy other entertainment districts were, but around the Omni, the outdoor life was very active.

Thread Information