Widgets Magazine
Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5196979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2567

Thread: Omni Hotel

Default Re: Omni Hotel

A very nice addition for OKC! A true destination hotel with the new convention center! Once the pandemic ends, this wii bring in much needed revenue for OKC!

So we spent the night here for our anniversary. Our room was located on the 11th floor overlooking the Arena. The room was very nice, mattress was very comfortable and the shades kept out the morning light. The bathroom had a deep soaking tub and a shower. The only "picky" thing was the Motel 6 quality tp.

We took a pass on BOB'S not wanting to risk an anniversary meal on a place that was recently opened. The Paseo Grill was our eatery of choice that night. The hotel bar was good and the drinks poured with a liberal amount of spirits.

I parked in the new Convention Center garage and it wound up being free as the validation reading machines were not working properly.

All in all a very good expierience.

Blog Entries

Best wishes to you and your wife, Jersey Boss. And the best of more anniversaries to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Best wishes to you and your wife, Jersey Boss. And the best of more anniversaries to come...
    Thank you Laramie.

5. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The only "picky" thing was the Motel 6 quality tp.
    Even Ritz-Carltons have crappy tp. It's one of the most frustrating part of travel IMO. Glad the stay was good. We are staying there in a couple weeks, but we are going to give Bob's a try.

6. Default Re: Omni Hotel

We ended up canceling our stay and trip to Bobs for anniversary. looking forward to getting to review both

My wife and I went for an early Valentine's date night away from screaming toddlers. Room was very nice, same as the one mentioned by Jersey Boss, except we had park view. I will ask for skyline view next time we stay but it was wonderful.

We had Broadway 10 then had a cocktail at the bar in the lobby. All around was very nice. I will agree on the cheap TP!

This thread has been quiet for awhile, I was hoping for more reviews or pictures of how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    This thread has been quiet for awhile, I was hoping for more reviews or pictures of how things are going.
    We stayed last Saturday for my wife's birthday. The entire property is so well done, the rooms are nicely sized and the style they utilized really makes the rooms shine.

We went to the lobby bar after Dinner at Vast and it was very very busy, the bar top was full and all the seating in the bar area was taken. I'd guess somewhere around 50-75 people, with overflow sitting in the lobby area itself. They had live music at the tap house as well. The coffee shop was really nice, but a bit overpriced, expected at a hotel. We did not make it to Bob's but from what I could tell, it was booked full for the night. I cant wait until Seltzer is open, it looks really well done.

10. Default Re: Omni Hotel

We stayed at the beginning of the month for a couple nights in a suite overlooking the park. We were extremely impressed. The suite and hotel are greater than 4 star caliber. I suppose it might not be 5 star, but this is the easily *the* luxury hotel in Oklahoma City. The spa is fantastic-- as good (though smaller) as any we've been to that was not at a beach resort. It was very relaxing. We can't wait to try it out again when all the restaurants an amenities are open. Bob's was really on point. Park Grounds was excellent-- hopefully they extend the hours as we get through Covid. OKC Tap House was good too. The suite was comfortably large, had plenty of comfortable seating, was well-thought out in its design, and had a nice large bathroom with separate shower and tub. We can't wait to go back.

11. Default Re: Omni Hotel

FInally got to stay there last nice and I was blown away. No expense was spared in that hotel. Everyone was nice and friendly and the rooms and decor were top notch. We stayed in a King Suite on one of the top floors. Had drinks at the Taphouse before dinner at Bobs. Bob's might be my new favorite steakhouse in the city. Our server was great and the food was all top notch. Tap house was fun too. Not too busy but since it was nice outside it was all open. The front desk gave me some drink vouchers so I spent one on a beer and this got a free coffee at Park Grounds this morning. The spa wasn't open but my wife got a massage this past Sunday and said she won't go anywhere else now. Only real downsize is everything is a bit pricey, but that's to be expected. Long story short this place is going to print money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	160517001_497518644961042_8936932714683132787_n.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	16767

Name:	160218008_182483300126782_3025441858509791053_n.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	16768

Name:	161773021_840929619821053_8063117256177716826_n.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	16769

Name:	159980237_877107656420773_3539613871562797838_n.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	16770

Name:	160287375_1708301026022212_30788129580377857_n.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	16771

^

Very nice. Thanks for the report.

The Omni gives several things we are lacking and when the convention business starts to pick up again, I bet that place will be packed with out-of-towners.

So we spent the night here for our anniversary. Our room was located on the 11th floor overlooking the Arena. The room was very nice, mattress was very comfortable and the shades kept out the morning light. The bathroom had a deep soaking tub and a shower. The only "picky" thing was the Motel 6 quality tp.

We took a pass on BOB'S not wanting to risk an anniversary meal on a place that was recently opened. The Paseo Grill was our eatery of choice that night. The hotel bar was good and the drinks poured with a liberal amount of spirits.

I parked in the new Convention Center garage and it wound up being free as the validation reading machines were not working properly.

All in all a very good expierience.
    Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    My wife and I went for an early Valentine's date night away from screaming toddlers. Room was very nice, same as the one mentioned by Jersey Boss, except we had park view. I will ask for skyline view next time we stay but it was wonderful.

We had Broadway 10 then had a cocktail at the bar in the lobby. All around was very nice. I will agree on the cheap TP!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    We stayed at the beginning of the month for a couple nights in a suite overlooking the park. We were extremely impressed. The suite and hotel are greater than 4 star caliber. I suppose it might not be 5 star, but this is the easily *the* luxury hotel in Oklahoma City. The spa is fantastic-- as good (though smaller) as any we've been to that was not at a beach resort. It was very relaxing. We can't wait to try it out again when all the restaurants an amenities are open. Bob's was really on point. Park Grounds was excellent-- hopefully they extend the hours as we get through Covid. OKC Tap House was good too. The suite was comfortably large, had plenty of comfortable seating, was well-thought out in its design, and had a nice large bathroom with separate shower and tub. We can't wait to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    FInally got to stay there last nice and I was blown away. No expense was spared in that hotel. Everyone was nice and friendly and the rooms and decor were top notch. We stayed in a King Suite on one of the top floors. Had drinks at the Taphouse before dinner at Bobs. Bob's might be my new favorite steakhouse in the city. Our server was great and the food was all top notch. Tap house was fun too. Not too busy but since it was nice outside it was all open. The front desk gave me some drink vouchers so I spent one on a beer and this got a free coffee at Park Grounds this morning. The spa wasn't open but my wife got a massage this past Sunday and said she won't go anywhere else now. Only real downsize is everything is a bit pricey, but that's to be expected. Long story short this place is going to print money.
    did all of yall book the suite?? or get upgraded? and if you don't sharing mind what rate did you get?

14. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I booked the suite. It was $466 included all taxes for a Tuesday night

15. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I forgot to mention that the shower head and water pressure were terrific too

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I forgot to mention that the shower head and water pressure were terrific too
    thanks we are looking at it for a stay cation also .. and i believe the suits are the only rooms with the soaker tub ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    thanks we are looking at it for a stay cation also .. and i believe the suits are the only rooms with the soaker tub ..
    There was a soaker tub in our Premier room. It was 214 all taxes paid.

There was a soaker tub in our Premier room. It was 214 all taxes paid.
    thank you

19. Default Re: Omni Hotel

We booked a suite. It was $404 before taxes each night for two nights. I don't remember the final bill but it was substantial with two massages (note: they have a couples massage room, something some resorts don't even have), and Bob's on the bill too. But I want to reiterate it was well worth the price. We will do it again. We've done staycations before, but they've never been able to combine luxury room/suite, spa, high-end steakhouse plus other restaurants under one roof. When we go on a long weekend trip to Dallas or Colorado or something, we could always do that, but now for a quick staycation we can do that here. It's a game changer.

We really need a Great Wolf Lodge. I stayed at the one in Grapevine recently and it was incredible.

21. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Hi all, I stayed 3-nights at the Omni Hotel last week and let me tell you, the experience was exceptional.

The ONLY compaints I could come up with were the insistent country music being broadcast in the lobby/public areas (come on guys, let's vary the music genre's or at least play MODERN versions), Bob's doesn't do room service nor room delivery (complete missed opportunity IMO), and the valet parking overbilled me (4 nights billed). Otherwise, the hotel was nice, the views inside and outside into the skyline were spectacular, the arrival had fresh, warm cookies and milk and personal welcome letter en-suite (a very nice 5* touch), and the bell-hop-to-room/suite and front door folks really gave the 5-diamond experience.

The hotel itself also makes more of an impression on the skyline than I had previously imagined. Should it be taller, yes. But it does make an impression especially when coming from the south up Robinson or Shields from the interstate - actually frames the skyline perfectly from that vantage. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

22. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Hi all, I stayed 3-nights at the Omni Hotel last week and let me tell you, the experience was exceptional.

The ONLY compaints I could come up with were the insistent country music being broadcast in the lobby/public areas (come on guys, let's vary the music genre's or at least play MODERN versions), Bob's doesn't do room service nor room delivery (complete missed opportunity IMO), and the valet parking overbilled me (4 nights billed). Otherwise, the hotel was nice, the views inside and outside into the skyline were spectacular, the arrival had fresh, warm cookies and milk and personal welcome letter en-suite (a very nice 5* touch), and the bell-hop-to-room/suite and front door folks really gave the 5-diamond experience.

The hotel itself also makes more of an impression on the skyline than I had previously imagined. Should it be taller, yes. But it does make an impression especially when coming from the south up Robinson or Shields from the interstate - actually frames the skyline perfectly from that vantage. ..
    Sounds like they've added some services since we were there. Now I want to go back, ha ha. Is Seltzer open now?

Most high end resorts I have been to do not readily offer room service from their signature/high end restaurant, but they do take out. I bet Bob's does that. So you could run down from your room and get it. But room service from those signature restaurants is sometimes offered, even if not advertised. Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons will try to accomplish almost anything you ask of them. Even Four Seasons' website says "we can arrange almost anything" not that it comes cheap....

23. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Brian I think Seltser is open (in fact I think everything is open now) but dont quote me as I was with my 7 year old so no booze for me.

And I agree with your final sentence, I thought everything was tip top at Omni but was surprised that they didn't room service/deliver especially since everything else was quite white glove (ala Four Seasons/Ritz), and of course the pandemic (people may not want to sit in a restaurant).

24. Default Re: Omni Hotel

^^^^^^^
    In speaking with someone at the Omni that is standard for Bob's, which has separate operations from the hotel itself. It's not specific to OKC.

25. Default Re: Omni Hotel

right, I was told the same. But I still stand by my theory.

Thread Information