Widgets Magazine
Page 100 of 141 FirstFirst ... 509596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Seems sort of meaningless. It's up to the doctor if a limit is set. I cant see any of the current ones wanting to set limits. Maybe this would get more mainstream doctors to make MM recommendations?
    I seriously doubt mainstream doctors associated with a big hospital group would make MM recommendations - my doctor is affiliated with Mercy and he said he believes in MM, but he suspects Mercy won't let any of their doctors sign off on MM. Figure it'll be the same way for Integris, etc.

2. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    And how exactly are they going to measure the exact amount of THC each product contains? I don't think OK is at that stage of technology yet, but I could be wrong. Anyway, another bill I get to send emails to my Sen. and Rep. about, thankfully they're Hicks and Walke, so they'll probably vote the correct way on it if it makes it to the floors.
    I don't have an Oklahoma MM card and have no plans to get one. That said, when I was buying regulated THC products in Colorado, during my cancer treatment, the products were clearly labeled with how much THC was in each serving (edibles, shorties, etc.). In fact, as a recreational buyer there is a limit. The seller adds up the total amount of THC you have purchased and cuts you off at a certain point. Of course, nothing keeps you from going from one shop to the next, to the next, etc.... Most were in 5 or 10MG serving sizes. Each dispensary then had to put their own unique label on each product as it was purchased.

You can measure THC amounts through lab testing.

Some dispensaries and growers use testing and some don't. This law would make it necessary for them all to do testing through a certified lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can measure THC amounts through lab testing.

Some dispensaries and growers use testing and some don't. This law would make it necessary for them all to do testing through a certified lab.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I meant - I know it's possible, but I don't think every dispensary in OK has the means to do that yet, seems like some are barely getting by right now monetarily (I could be wrong on that, though).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I seriously doubt mainstream doctors associated with a big hospital group would make MM recommendations - my doctor is affiliated with Mercy and he said he believes in MM, but he suspects Mercy won't let any of their doctors sign off on MM. Figure it'll be the same way for Integris, etc.
    Many doctors won't recommend marijuana as long as it remains Schedule 1. Hopefully, Congress changes that this year.

The most worrisome bill yet regarding SQ788. Still it isn't as bad as it could be. Some of these are reasonable such as the ban on public smoking but others are troubling such as the removal of employment and housing protections. Also very troubling is the recriminalization for people caught with less than 1.5 oz and without their card on them (regardless if they are a patient). As usual, if this passes Oklahoma will be moving backwards in relation of where the rest of the country is going.

Everyone who voted yes on 788 and doesn't want to see it gutted needs to be vigilant and needs to contact their representative and Governor Stitt to make their voice heard.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...8b24cbf4b.html

Here's what it does.

• SQ 788 ensures patients who have not yet obtained their state license but are found to be in possession of less than 1.5 ounces of marijuana would face only a misdemeanor charge and $400 fine. Paxton’s measure would instead institute those penalties for a licensed patient who is not in possession of their state-issued card at the time of the law enforcement action. Those who have no patient license would be subject to the same criminal law as before SQ788.
    • SQ 788 seals patient applications and ensures no personal information is retained for the state’s digital records of patient licenses. Paxton’s measure would have the state retain all information from patient applications, but the records would still be sealed.
    • Paxton’s measure would allow municipalities to enact ordinances banning patients from smoking or vaping anywhere that’s not a private residence.
    • SQ788 protects patients from being punished by employers, refused by schools and declined by landlords “unless failing to do so would imminently cause (the employer, school or renter) to lose a monetary or licensing related benefit under federal law or regulations.” Paxton’s measure would remove “imminently,” instead saying “the potential” to lose money is enough to allow patient discrimination.
    • Paxton’s measure would add a classification of employees not protected as patients if they are in a “safety-sensitive position.” Those employees could be fired upon a positive test for marijuana or a determination that the employee holds a patient card.
    • SQ788 states that municipalities cannot change laws to prevent the opening of a retail marijuana establishment. Paxton’s measure adds language clarifying that clause but would establish that growers and processors may be prohibited, by ordinance, from opening within the limits of a city or county.
    • SQ788 states that medical marijuana establishments may not be located within 1,000 feet of a school entrance. Paxton would have that changed to include only dispensaries in the distance requirement.
    • SQ788 established what’s been called a gross receipts tax of 7 percent on retail medical marijuana sales. Paxton would specifically call that a sales tax and add language that ensures municipalities would be permitted to add additional local sales tax on medical marijuana. (Note: A lawsuit over the established tax structure is pending, as Oklahoma Tax Commission is instructing retailers to collect not only the 7 percent tax but also a 4.5 percent Oklahoma state sales tax.)

Take cash. They are not kidding about extra tax and fees. $3.50, for using my Check Card. There are pre printed lines for, THC, CBD and CBN, just no numbers. For now. Use the Weedmaps app to find and check out the ratings for a good Dispensary. I have tried three and I recommend https://sagewellnessokc.com/ Very clean and high tech. Friendly and knowledgeable. A mice addition for that part of Western.

Just got approved yesterday for my MMJ card. Anybody who has a card recommend a good dispensary in the north OKC area?

This link will provide more answers than any other source.
    https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/in.../oklahoma-city

Out of curiosity, is it kosher to discuss pricing and selection/quality of specific dispensaries here?

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    Just got approved yesterday for my MMJ card. Anybody who has a card recommend a good dispensary in the north OKC area?
    Midtown Cannabis and Sage Wellness. I also highly recommend CannaSouth on the south side. They aren't on weedmaps but their quality is extremely high and their prices are good.

Out of curiosity, is it kosher to discuss pricing and selection/quality of specific dispensaries here?
    Why not? It's legal.

More Dispensaries are growing their web presence every day. You can use weedmaps to locate ones in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Why not? It's legal.
    Making sure. For me it would be helpful. It's easy to find dispensaries with online listings, but finding inventory, strains, prices, etc is trickier. Reddit helps some.

Making sure. For me it would be helpful. It's easy to find dispensaries with online listings, but finding inventory, strains, prices, etc is trickier. Reddit helps some.
    on this particular thread... i think it would not be the best place... i would think creating a separate thread just for it. as this one is more about the legalization process and movement.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The most worrisome bill yet regarding SQ788. Still it isn't as bad as it could be. Some of these are reasonable such as the ban on public smoking but others are troubling such as the removal of employment and housing protections. Also very troubling is the recriminalization for people caught with less than 1.5 oz and without their card on them (regardless if they are a patient). As usual, if this passes Oklahoma will be moving backwards in relation of where the rest of the country is going.

Everyone who voted yes on 788 and doesn't want to see it gutted needs to be vigilant and needs to contact their representative and Governor Stitt to make their voice heard.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...8b24cbf4b.html

Here's what it does.

• SQ 788 ensures patients who have not yet obtained their state license but are found to be in possession of less than 1.5 ounces of marijuana would face only a misdemeanor charge and $400 fine. Paxton’s measure would instead institute those penalties for a licensed patient who is not in possession of their state-issued card at the time of the law enforcement action. Those who have no patient license would be subject to the same criminal law as before SQ788.
    • SQ 788 seals patient applications and ensures no personal information is retained for the state’s digital records of patient licenses. Paxton’s measure would have the state retain all information from patient applications, but the records would still be sealed.
    • Paxton’s measure would allow municipalities to enact ordinances banning patients from smoking or vaping anywhere that’s not a private residence.
    • SQ788 protects patients from being punished by employers, refused by schools and declined by landlords “unless failing to do so would imminently cause (the employer, school or renter) to lose a monetary or licensing related benefit under federal law or regulations.” Paxton’s measure would remove “imminently,” instead saying “the potential” to lose money is enough to allow patient discrimination.
    • Paxton’s measure would add a classification of employees not protected as patients if they are in a “safety-sensitive position.” Those employees could be fired upon a positive test for marijuana or a determination that the employee holds a patient card.
    • SQ788 states that municipalities cannot change laws to prevent the opening of a retail marijuana establishment. Paxton’s measure adds language clarifying that clause but would establish that growers and processors may be prohibited, by ordinance, from opening within the limits of a city or county.
    • SQ788 states that medical marijuana establishments may not be located within 1,000 feet of a school entrance. Paxton would have that changed to include only dispensaries in the distance requirement.
    • SQ788 established what’s been called a gross receipts tax of 7 percent on retail medical marijuana sales. Paxton would specifically call that a sales tax and add language that ensures municipalities would be permitted to add additional local sales tax on medical marijuana. (Note: A lawsuit over the established tax structure is pending, as Oklahoma Tax Commission is instructing retailers to collect not only the 7 percent tax but also a 4.5 percent Oklahoma state sales tax.)
    Thanks for posting bchris - Here's to hoping Paxton get's Yen'd. Heck, who knows... maybe we'll get lucky and he'll "Pull a Shortey"!

17. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

One of the news shows in Denver has been reporting on a semi truck stopped in Pawhuska with charges for a huge pot bust. Authorities claim its pot while the trucker and a support car driver who owned the stuff claims its hemp. lts either the biggest pot bust in ok history per our news, or just a hemp truck on its way to Dallas. Those busted claim they were on their way from Denver to Dallas. My question is if they are going from Denver to Dallas, why are they in Pawhuska - not even close to a route they should be on? ls this being reported at all down there?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    One of the news shows in Denver has been reporting on a semi truck stopped in Pawhuska with charges for a huge pot bust. Authorities claim its pot while the trucker and a support car driver who owned the stuff claims its hemp. lts either the biggest pot bust in ok history per our news, or just a hemp truck on its way to Dallas. Those busted claim they were on their way from Denver to Dallas. My question is if they are going from Denver to Dallas, why are they in Pawhuska - not even close to a route they should be on? ls this being reported at all down there?
    It's been pretty silly. The hemp is supposed to be sent to Colorado for more tests. Testing was delayed due to government shutdown. I thought the hemp was going to a Colorado company, rather than Dallas. Yeah, the truck should have taken the Cimarron Turnpike and turned right at I-35. Some of the law enforcement are going to be slow about giving up cannabis as a big money maker.

http://www.newson6.com/story/3990506...st-in-pawhuska

And then there is this. Two arrested truck drivers are legals from Africa with English only a 2nd language.
    https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca..._QjZpmRsNJKZBM

19. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

They are reporting it here as Denver to Dallas. In any case, how and why they got to pawhuska is my biggest question. The fastest route to Dallas is thru Amarillo to Wichita Falls to Dallas. You don't even go thru OK. The extra fuel cost going where they are makes me suspicious.

Very sad about the drivers.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take everybody to get their card and/or approval letter? I was seeing a lot of disgruntled people on Twitter last night saying how long it has taken to get their card. One person stated they submitted their application in December and got approved but haven't received their card yet. Is OMMA really that far behind?

Blog Entries

For most of my patients it is taking about 7-10 business days; this is provided there are no issues with the recommendation form and it was filled out correctly.

22. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

I applied on 01/15, was approved on 01/31 and received my card on 02/04.

The OK Marijuana reddit has been a good resource, they have a patient application processing thread stickied in the mega thread. There seems like a lot of confusion as to whether it's business days or calendar days so seems like a lot of people are upset after 14 calendar days, which just seems silly. Also seems that most apps are going through and most of what are denied are due to submission issues such as not including the back of your DL or not taking the picture correctly according to their guidelines.

My card took about 7 Days to arrive. That was last year, when they first started. It may be a case of overload.

Perhaps this thread title should be changed to something more relevant as it has been legalized for medicinal use.

https://newsok.com/article/5624155/s...rijuana-demand

Or just take out the last three words. Minimal thread interruption.

Thread Information