Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave and Buster's

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Looks like they have 3 of the four side walls and roof up. My new office is in the New York Life Building and I overlook part of D&B.

I can continue providing updates every once in awhile.

2. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson.405 View Post
    Looks like they have 3 of the four side walls and roof up. My new office is in the New York Life Building and I overlook part of D&B.

I can continue providing updates every once in awhile.
    Can you snap a phone pic maybe? I drive by there all the time and will try to do the same. Your view from up in New York Life would be interesting.

Went to Target today. Looks like they are making way for a new main entrance into the Target directly across the street from the entrance on May to the Dave & Busters area. I assume a light will be put in there.

4. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Went to Target today. Looks like they are making way for a new main entrance into the Target directly across the street from the entrance on May to the Dave & Busters area. I assume a light will be put in there.
    Hi Warren...See my post #199 from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Hi Warren...See my post #199 from yesterday.
    My bad. Didn't look back a page.

They are certainly moving right along:

Nice! I'll be enjoying some beers and video games in no time.

Any new photos of the progress? Have they announced a time frame for opening? I'm thinking Q1 2012?

Says on their website December of this year.

On a slightly off topic note, are there any plans by the city or ODOT to fix that nasty interchange at May and NWX?

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    On a slightly off topic note, are there any plans by the city or ODOT to fix that nasty interchange at May and NWX?
    No and the topic has already been hashed to death. Sorry, I don't remember what page but I believe it was somewhere in this thread...

I hOnostly don't see a problem with it. I prefer the clover leaf interchange rather than another stop light. Clover leaf interchange at I44 and Broadway ext is a bad idea but don't see any problem with it at may and nw expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I hOnostly don't see a problem with it. I prefer the clover leaf interchange rather than another stop light. Clover leaf interchange at I44 and Broadway ext is a bad idea but don't see any problem with it at may and nw expressway.
    Sorry I posted that question before I saw the same issue rasied. I don't have a problem with the interchange per say, but the on ramps are way too short. The absolute worst is when you get behind some grampa who is too afraid to step on the gas and merge so they have to wait for ALL of the traffic to clear.

Also, last week I was in a friends car with a convertible top. we drove underneath the bridge going SE on NWX and just for kicks I looked up at the underneath portion. I'm no structural engineer but that thing looks bad.

Sorry I posted that question before I saw the same issue rasied. I don't have a problem with the interchange per say, but the on ramps are way too short. The absolute worst is when you get behind some grampa who is too afraid to step on the gas and merge so they have to wait for ALL of the traffic to clear.

Also, last week I was in a friends car with a convertible top. we drove underneath the bridge going SE on NWX and just for kicks I looked up at the underneath portion. I'm no structural engineer but that thing looks bad.
    You may not be a structural engineer, but I'm related to one, and according to my relative, that's one of the worst bridges in the entire state.

From today. Second photo is of Whataburger / Jack in the Box sites:

They also put a coming soon whataburger sign up recently.

It seems like it took forever for them to start but now it feels like they're moving so fast.

The facade has started to be installed on the SE corner of the building. It appears they are going with a staggering color, geometric blocks motif using shades of their colors. One half of the corner has blocks in various shades of blue and the other shades of orange. Looks pretty cool and modern.

I know this has been discussed, but WTF is with the new Whataburger? That is such a killer location for such a run-of-the-mill fast food joint (with another location less than a mile away).

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I know this has been discussed, but WTF is with the new Whataburger? That is such a killer location for such a run-of-the-mill fast food joint (with another location less than a mile away).
    concur. . . .and I'm betting they will close the 36th location.

That is up in the air...according to the management folks, one week they are "relocating" it and the next they are keeping both open. Just depends on how many customers switch to the new location. that old location has most likely been paid off decades ago and other than maintenance issues with older buildings, should be quite profitable. Having places close to each other doesn't seem to bother McDonald's & others (McD's are spaced about 1-mile apart at nearly every exit along I-40 west of the interchange, sometimes with 2 locations at the same exit (a stand alone & inside Wal-mart), same is true for other dual McD's & Wal-mart in the metro.

Talked to the guy who cooks overnight at the 35th and May restaurant, he said that he was told they are relocating. The guy drinks a case of beer every morning when he gets off work, so take that for what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Talked to the guy who cooks overnight at the 35th and May restaurant, he said that he was told they are relocating. The guy drinks a case of beer every morning when he gets off work, so take that for what it is worth.
    Seems like a legit source. Lol

Yeah, he comes into the store I work at every morning to buy his beer, so at least he is coherent when I talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Yeah, he comes into the store I work at every morning to buy his beer, so at least he is coherent when I talk to him.
    Has he ever said what will happen to the Whataburger on 35th and May if they do indeed relocate?

Thread Information