Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Help me!!...I am becomming fixated on the white van. Ha..Ha..

Quote Originally Posted by krisb View Post
    Wow, they must be on a crazy-fast timetable.
    I have worked on many large construction projects and many times the work schedule is 24-7. Once they begin to work on the "guts" of the bldg. I'am sure it will be the same on Devon.

We are missing some action today as they are supposed to be dismantling the North East Stairwell, but it is out of range.

We had dinner at La Baguette the other night, and my first thought as we approached the restaurant was "What on earth is that noise"? They were hard at work on the tower at 8:30 p.m. and now I understand why Devon bought the Colcord. I can't imagine trying to sleep with that noise.

Has anyone else noticed that the webcam image is stuck?

It's working now.

I don't know if any of you have heard the rumors, but I was told that Devon has found out about this thread and are in the process of trying to get this camera removed.

It’s NOT confirmed, but I heard they already had talks with the Oklahoman to have their own feed through NEWSOK.com

Anyone else heard this rummor?

I hadn't checked the cam in a few days. WOW. The garage addition is really going up fast. Thanks for the cam.......whoever is responsible, it gives us who can't get out much a great vantage point.

I believe the Oklahoman may add a real-time camera as well but I haven't heard from anyone about removing the one we have.

I can't imagine 1) why they would mind and 2) how they could do more than politely request, knowing they have no way of forcing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    We had dinner at La Baguette the other night, and my first thought as we approached the restaurant was "What on earth is that noise"? They were hard at work on the tower at 8:30 p.m. and now I understand why Devon bought the Colcord. I can't imagine trying to sleep with that noise.
    I presume they still rent out rooms though?

11. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I presume they still rent out rooms though?
    Yes they most definitely do.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

MadMonk Guest

Okay, I've made a few videos of the garage construction. I first attempted to capture construction from the 1st through the 14th. I didn't want to skip too many frames because so much was happening minute-by-minute. However, that was way too much for my computer to handle and would take too long to view anyway. It was over 11,000 frames!

So, I've decided to break the captures in to daily vignettes that can be made easily and viewed quickly. In the interest of time and convenience, I've also left out music for these. I've only made it through the 5th, but I'll keep posting them as I get them completed.

Things start off slowly, but really start to pick up on the 5th. Most nights, the crews work until nearly midnight and sometimes well past.

Great! Thanks Monk!

14. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

the progress of the garage go me to thinking, so I'll ask the question.

with the completion of the garage, does Devon plan to have their employees start parking in it and walking to their current locations?

Besides the obvious advantage of freeing up other downtown parking locations, I think having Devon employees park in their own garage (despite the tower being ready to move in/built) is it will allow Devon employees to interface with the construction of their new tower; they would get daily hands-on accounts of their new baby!

Anyone have any insight or information?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

with the completion of the garage, does Devon plan to have their employees start parking in it and walking to their current locations?

Besides the obvious advantage of freeing up other downtown parking locations, I think having Devon employees park in their own garage (despite the tower being ready to move in/built) is it will allow Devon employees to interface with the construction of their new tower; they would get daily hands-on accounts of their new baby!

I think there may be some safety issues. (Being in such close proximity)

Yes, its definitely a safety issue, and being that the project isnt complete they will not have a certificate of occupancy. Also, the last thing you want on a construction project is curious onlookers who will wander out onto the jobsite

Madmonk

You're SPOILING us, but we LIKES It!

Oh wow I love the time-lapse videos, Madmonk!

You know, it reminds me of a bunch of worker ants working on building their ant hill. Can't wait for the tower to start rising from the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    ... it reminds me of a bunch of worker ants working on building their ant hill.
    As I enjoyed them, the thought struck me, the way I keep coming back to this thread for the videos is a lot like having a grownup Bob the Builder series.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    Oh wow I love the time-lapse videos, Madmonk!

You know, it reminds me of a bunch of worker ants working on building their ant hill. Can't wait for the tower to start rising from the ground!
    That's funny! I never thought of that before, but from now on I won't be able to view them the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    As I enjoyed them, the thought struck me, the way I keep coming back to this thread for the videos is a lot like having a grownup Bob the Builder series.
    It's really cool to see them putting it all together like a giant erector set. It's hard to get that a of it in real time, but when it's sped up like in these videos, it really shows how much gets done in the course of a day (and night).

The lapse cam is awesome !!! and , of course the Devon cam is awesome...if you need a 30th floor position let me know...

Default Devon employees parking

As far as I know, Devon employees will phase into this parking garage, which will free up parking in other parts of downtown including the Sante Fe, Cox, Main Street(1st Nat'l) parking gargages. The first phase is scheduled to finish in February, 2nd phase in April and the garage is expected to be finished by the beginning of July and all Devon employees will move to the new garages. These are obvious planned and speculative dates, but it does seem like it is going up pretty quick!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    Yes, its definitely a safety issue, and being that the project isnt complete they will not have a certificate of occupancy. Also, the last thing you want on a construction project is curious onlookers who will wander out onto the jobsite
    Actually, Devon is moving all of their employees to the new garage upon completion. Some will move in sometime in February, more in April, and everyone else in July. The garage will be 100% completed by July, so why would Devon keep paying for their employees to park elsewhere downtown and leave their garage (that their employees can park at for free) empty? The answer, they will not! This has been stated very clearly and publicly by Devon several times.

I went to the Thunder game last night and drove in front of the parking garage on the way home. One thing you can't see from the current camera angle is the concrete facade on the side of the first five floors from the current angle is also all the way up on the south side of the parking garage. I would not be suprised to see all the floors put in by the end of the year.

^^^I wouldn't either. I'm amazed at the speed at which they are moving on the garage. I think someone mentioned that they actually work well into the nite? And what's great is that they're also working on the secant wall/foundation/whatever it's called for the tower simultaneously. I wouldn't expect otherwise, but it's nice to know they're moving along nicely.

Thread Information