Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Glad to see that Pete has updated these in the Downtown Hotel Count Summary [Proposed] count:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=34292

Don't see “OKANA Resort 11-story, 404-room hotel."--Is it apart of the Downtown Hotel Summary...

News 9 used the Dream Las Vegas hotel rendering in their story, this is very misleading, as this is not the actual rendering for this project;

https://www.news9.com/story/618cf085...-oklahoma-city

^

They always just lift our stuff and have never even spoken to me about it. Very strange.

Us insiders know that's not the real rendering. But the average Joe will think it is, lol.

I'm all good with having palm trees in OKC. Lots of heaters will be needed.

Blog Entries

All of us would love to see different aesthetics to the uhaul building, but we also need to acknowledge it performs a vital and integral service for the development of downtown as a population center. With smaller residences and for businesses there is a great need for storage space. They actually facilitate development.

I saw on the news someone from the Convention and Tourism agency speaking about this project.

I am getting the impression that there is more traction for the hotel towers than the condo tower. With that being said the hotels will be probably be built first.

Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

Funny to see OKCTalk images on the Cube 3 Architecture website:

https://www.cube3.com/portfolio_page...urbon-hotel-2/

I wonder when Cube3 is going to update their website?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I wonder when Cube3 is going to update their website?
    Probably when the plans have been finalized for the supertall and they start moving pavement. At least the YouTube channel B1M has made mention of it a month ago. And they specialize in talking about megaprojects.

Did they even ask you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Did they even ask you for that?
    No, never knew about until I checked their site today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, never knew about until I checked their site today.
    I’d be upset. Seems like it’s simple common courtesy to ask permission.

Its been a minute since hearing about this Pete any knew news?

Blog Entries

wow

you should probably start water marking them anyway

Any updates?

Not that I know of. This was announced back in July. Should of seen some hard renderings by now.

Since this is a very sizeable project and they are seeking public assistance, I'm sure they are still in negotiations with the Alliance for Economic Development (the gatekeeper and clearinghouse for most of the local incentives) to finalize terms.

This is important because it will allow them to finalize their budget and solicit preliminary construction bids and that will determine if they want to tweak their plans.

Once they have the somewhat final plan, the architects and engineers will develop detailed plans which first have to be reviewed by the Alliance and ultimately City Council.

I wouldn't expect to see detailed renderings and plans for at least a month and maybe several months.

Hey Pete any new updates?

21. Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

In the last few weeks I’ve had unrelated meetings and conversations with multiple people directly involved with this project in different capacities and it is indeed very real and remains on track.

That’s not a guarantee that it will happen, but there is no reason whatsoever to be concerned about there not being publicly-available plans for this project right now.

I found this site plan.

It shows they plan to convert all the remaining parking to the west of Harkins to valet.

I found this site plan.

It shows they plan to convert all the remaining parking to the west of Harkins to valet.

That valet lot change is going to be annoying, speaking as a regular patron of Harkins who always parks in that lot.

24. Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

I found this site plan.

here is the original site plan, note there's 4 towers and tower 3 (now known as Legends Tower supertall) is oriented to Reno Ave with the twins at the RR and hotel unchanged at Reno and Oklahoma.

I'm still wondering why the scrutiny now on 'sneaking' in a 4th tower when it was always there as a future phase, as I pointed out known as tower 3. Tower 4 is the hotel and was always there just not in city plans when referencing TIF (due to Omni). The only changes have been the heights, the placements of the towers (twins moved towards Reno, Tower 3 moved to OKC blvd, and Tower 3 being a supertall known as Legends.

Good thing print/documentation exists.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

I'm still wondering why the scrutiny now on 'sneaking' in a 4th tower when it was always there as a future phase, as I pointed out known as tower 3.

Good thing print/documentation exists.
    This is the original plan that what was shown to the Planning Commission 6 months before the posts you referenced:

No one is saying anything about "sneaking" anything in. Just clarifying what was originally presented to the city: 3 towers, comprised of 2 hotel and one residential tower.

No reason to assume any malice.

Thread Information