Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Hate to be a buzz killer but if you don't want a date with the widow maker like I had, you need to make sure that burger you like doesn't have trans fat in it. Artery disease is real and trans fats are a cause. (I only eat Freddys Steak Burgers now. )
    In-n-Out does not have trans fats. What burgers have trans fats anyway? The only food I'm aware of that has trans fats now is Long John Silver's.

Shake Shack just opened last week in Uptown Dallas off McKinney Ave. Have not tried it ye! Lines very very long!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    In-n-Out does not have trans fats. What burgers have trans fats anyway? The only food I'm aware of that has trans fats now is Long John Silver's.
    Sonic & Chicken Express are two I know of right off plus I found this list but have not coroborated any of the items mentioned.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-trans-fat.php

Edit to add that I know that Long John Silvers no longer have trans fats in their Fish and more item.

4. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Shake Shack just opened last week in Uptown Dallas off McKinney Ave. Have not tried it ye! Lines very very long!
    Have had it a bunch back east...meh. Def would not stand in line for it. We're spoiled with great burgers here.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Sonic & Chicken Express are two I know of right off plus I found this list but have not coroborated any of the items mentioned.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-trans-fat.php

Edit to add that I know that Long John Silvers no longer have trans fats in their Fish and more item.
    This list appears old. Most of these joints have ditched trans fats. McDs hasn't had them in their fry vats for years. Thank you, Michael Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    game changer. I usually get in-n-out when I'm in Dallas which is fairly frequently. I will now be going to shake shack

In-N-Out Burger open in Denton! Is Ardmore next?

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    game changer. I usually get in-n-out when I'm in Dallas which is fairly frequently. I will now be going to shake shack
    Update to this last time in Dallas, we went to shake shack and it's awesome. Super long lines

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    They opened another in the DFW market? Come on, throw us a bone here and put one in OKC.

^

It's a food distribution thing. Much easier to open close to the locations they already have.

Right, my understanding is its similar to Braums. They don't go out of a certain radius away from their farms.

12. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    Update to this last time in Dallas, we went to shake shack and it's awesome. Super long lines
    I second this. In-n-Out is good, but in my opinion Shake Shack was on another level when I tried it in NYC a few months back.

I see in and out going to Norman before Ardmore.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    I second this. In-n-Out is good, but in my opinion Shake Shack was on another level when I tried it in NYC a few months back.
    Really like In-N-Out but agreed would definitely rather have a Shake Shack

15. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

No way they come to Ardmore. They don't want to try and compete with Hamburger Inn.

Shake Shack announced a couple weeks back, they were opening a location in North Central San Antonio.

I'm pretty excited.

Ardmore only got a chick fil a two or three years ago. They're never the first to get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    Ardmore only got a chick fil a two or three years ago. They're never the first to get anything.
    Ardmore got a pretty good sports grill when The Cotton Patch went in. Chickasha now has one too.

19. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Hey... We have a Freddy's now too.... Oh and a Rib Crib! ..... I'd recommend KC Smokehouse for BBQ over Rib Crib though.

Where is the Cotton Patch in Chickasha? I know they have an Interurban down there, too.

Maybe I'm biased since living there and then moving up to the city

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Where is the Cotton Patch in Chickasha? I know they have an Interurban down there, too.
    We go to the drive in in chickasha a lot. it's on highway 81 just south of the turnpike. There's a taco bueno and a cotton patch.

23. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

We would make the trek to Jack In The Box when traveling on I-35, when OKC didn't have any -- though I'm not sure if Ardmore's was just one that never closed after their big e coli outbreak -- but I believe Ardmore and Ada beat OKC to the punch on the new incarnation of JITB.

Had Shake Shack for the first time the other week and I cannot believe its being mentioned in the same thread as In-N-Out.

Quality was good and I enjoyed the burger, but the price point is nowhere near that of In-N-Out. Double cheeseburger ran me about $9. Maybe the people in this thread are well-off to the point that the extra $6 over the cost of a Double-Double isn't a concern to them, but I think a lot of you are missing the point of In-N-Out. It's a burger of the quality of Shake Shack or Five Guys at a cost somewhere between McDonald's and Sonic.

Personally if I lived in a city with both In-N-Out and Shake Shack I wouldn't ever go to the latter. Heck, if we got a Shake Shack in OKC there'd be no reason to go there over Tucker's. More expensive, not as good, not as much food, not local.

The more and more I eat shake shack the sicker I get afterwards each time. Anyone have that happen to them? My apartment in Hollywood has a shake shack added at the bottom level and I hate it now. I used to really love it.

Thread Information