Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

1. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    The same people have shared that service has improved and is on par with the setting now, but that the food just doesn't match.
    That's more what I meant. Not that the service was bad, just that it wasn't on par with the setting. As in, the proper etiquette you would expect at high end restaurants that others like Red and Vast do well.

Default Re: Broadway 10

agree with the contingent that food is average at best when compared to other high end steak houses. the setting is fantastic and I love grabbing a drink there, but the food is not holding up its end of the bargain for the place.

Incredible atmosphere. Average to slightly above average food. We dropped serious coin there recently and wouldn't hasten to do so again. The steaks were decent, the toppings were OK, but the sides were quite good. The service was spotty and amateur. Hard to justify spending the dough there again unless and until they commit to serving food rising to the level of the environs.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Incredible atmosphere. Average to slightly above average food. We dropped serious coin there recently and wouldn't hasten to do so again. The steaks were decent, the toppings were OK, but the sides were quite good. The service was spotty and amateur. Hard to justify spending the dough there again unless and until they commit to serving food rising to the level of the environs.
    This pretty much covers it.

They've been in business long enough now that it seems like they would've gotten the kinks worked out, but it's been the same complaints since opening. I wonder why they haven't gotten the service and food straightened out yet. They obviously appear to be committed to quality just by the appearance of the place. Why can't they improve the quality of the service and food? The times that I've been, I've really enjoyed it. But maybe I just got lucky on my food (service was mediocre).

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    They've been in business long enough now that it seems like they would've gotten the kinks worked out, but it's been the same complaints since opening. I wonder why they haven't gotten the service and food straightened out yet. They obviously appear to be committed to quality just by the appearance of the place. Why can't they improve the quality of the service and food? The times that I've been, I've really enjoyed it. But maybe I just got lucky on my food (service was mediocre).
    I wouldn't presume that everyone agrees on the service and food.

Personally, I've had three excellent experiences, know lots of people who feel the same and the place is always busy.

In terms of public forums, people are something like 7x more likely to complain about a bad experience than rave about a good one.

I've had many more good experiences at Broadway 10 than bad ones. Yes, there have been some hiccups and changes along the way. However, the last time I had dinner there my girlfriend and I had a great time. Last time I ordered lunch it was good as well; service was good both times. These people must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wouldn't presume that everyone agrees on the service and food.

Personally, I've had three excellent experiences, know lots of people who feel the same and the place is always busy.
    And people's taste profiles are different so what may taste like a mediocre steak to me may burst with flavor to someone else. A lot of people like Ruth Chris and I can't stand their steaks. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    And people's taste profiles are different so what may taste like a mediocre steak to me may burst with flavor to someone else. A lot of people like Ruth Chris and I can't stand their steaks. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.
    Maybe they go overboard on the butter? I recall a bit of it on my porterhouse.

So, I finally had the chance to try this place and I wanted to give my review. Was there last week with a party of 7 celebrating a friend's birthday. First off, I want to say that the atmosphere is my favorite of any steakhouse in OKC. After hearing people complain, I was expecting the place to be too loud, but it wasn't even though it was pretty busy for a Wednesday night. I actually really enjoyed the open floor plan and being able to hear all the chatter of other patrons. And then you add in the big windows facing Broadway and 10th, it gives it a really cool vibe. Loved being seated next to the window and watching people and cars go by. Overall, the place had a really fun, urban vibe.

Service was excellent! Server was super friendly and patient with all of us. Had a few girls who were slow making up their minds, but server was nice. Even when splitting the bill 3 ways, she had to split the birthday couple's food and add it to ours, she never was rude or impatient about it. Much more professional and friendly than my most recent experiences at a couple of nearby steakhouses. Needless to say, she got a pretty sizable tip from me.

As for the food, I would give an a A. Two reasons it wasn't an A+. First, the calamari appetizer was pretty average. I actually felt this way about the calamari we had a few weeks ago at the Ranch as well. Not sure if this is a reflection on the overall seafood quality in Oklahoma City, but I did have the fried calamari at Bobs Steakhouse in Dallas a week ago and there was a huge difference in freshness. Calamari wasn't bad, just not high end steakhouse quality. And secondly, I always order my steak medium rare but a small portion of it was a little more medium than I normally like. It wasn't bad enough to send back, but it was noticeable. However, the tenderness and flavor of the steak was absolutely perfect. Even with part of my steak being slightly overcooked, it wasn't chewy at all and there wasn't much gristle. Complete opposite of a recent visit to a nearby steakhouse. We also had three bottles of wine of two varieties, and they were both very good. One bottle was recommended by our server, and she didn't recommend even close to the most expensive bottle. Overall, I would say this is my second favorite steakhouse in the city, right behind the Ranch. This is only one visit though, I definitely want to go back soon to make sure theyre consistentLy good.

12. Default Re: Broadway 10

Less than a decade after opening, Provision Concepts is expanding the Broadway 10 concept beyond Oklahoma

”…This won’t be Dixon’s only excursion outside Oklahoma. He’s pursuing space in markets like Fort Worth and Phoenix, but said Cherry Creek will open first…”

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    "Provision operates 13 restaurants across multiple brands in Oklahoma, including its flagship Broadway 10, a steakhouse that Dixon opened on the outskirts of Oklahoma City in late 2014. "

Outskirts?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    "Provision operates 13 restaurants across multiple brands in Oklahoma, including its flagship Broadway 10, a steakhouse that Dixon opened on the outskirts of Oklahoma City in late 2014. "

Outskirts?
    i mean i thought he opened it on Broadway and 10th.... but maybe i'm wrong... or the edge of OKC isn't where i thought it was

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

Outskirts?
    Maybe outskirts of downtown okc?

Yeah this was the goal Mark Fischer had when he bought in. They want to add a bunch of restaurants (primarily hatch, sidecar and Broadway 10) all over the country. Also looking at some pretty cool new concept ideas.

I love this for them, but I always wonder about them forgetting about OKC once they go national.

But Provisions is a great company, and have awesome restaurants! They deserve to go national.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9635.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	18240
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9637.jpeg 
Views:	205 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	18241

Some photos of the Broadway 10 building fire in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9635.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	18239  

Looks like Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like Hatch.
    Just dove by and soo many fire trucks, ambulance and streets are blocked off.

I saw their FB post, dang. Hope it's not major.

22. Default Re: Broadway 10

News 9 says the fire was put out quickly, but no news on damage yet.

23. Default Re: Broadway 10

When I drove by during the fire, streets shut down, etc., the smoke appeared to be coming from Broadway 10. Drove by later, fire trucks and cops gone, and a restoration company was working inside B10, while Hatch appeared to be locked up tight. I think it was B10. Bolstered by the fact that B10 posted to their Insta that they were temporarily closed.

When I drove by during the fire, streets shut down, etc., the smoke appeared to be coming from Broadway 10. Drove by later, fire trucks and cops gone, and a restoration company was working inside B10, while Hatch appeared to be locked up tight. I think it was B10. Bolstered by the fact that B10 posted to their Insta that they were temporarily closed.
    The news report was that it started in their kitchen.

Fire indeed stated in the kitchen ductwork for B10. They are now closed until November 1st for restorations.

Thread Information