Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Five Guys ‏@Five_Guys

Hey Oklahoma City, ur new Five Guys is NOW OPEN! Find us in the Rockwell NW Shopping Center at 6900 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73132.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Not sure exactly where they are going in on Memorial Road.
    2300 West Memorial Road = SW corner of Penn and Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Five Guys ‏@Five_Guys

Uh oh - my waistline is in trouble now. That is WAAAY too convenient!

Trying to place exactly where the Rockwell one is going in...Anyone know what it will be next to?...Just right down the road from my work

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Trying to place exactly where the Rockwell one is going in...Anyone know what it will be next to?...Just right down the road from my work
    You know in about the same amount of time it took you to ask this you could just go on Google.com/maps and street view it.

Since that sounded like a respnse from metro Ill go ahead and give you the answer, looks like SE corner of NW xpwy and Rockwell
    Last edited by onthestrip; 07-16-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Edited because I sounded like metro

So, in addition to Freshly Ground Beef (perhaps a chuck blend, maybe 80/20 or 85/15) do the Five Guys offer pool tables, pinball machines, shuffleboard and/or skeeball? =)

No? Well, hopefully they will have an autographed picture of our President, on the wall, reminding them that they didn't succeed by themselves.

6. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

We have eaten twice at the NW Expressway location, and the hamburgers are great.

I tried out the new location today just on a whim as I was driving by. It's my first time with 5 guys. It was fine but was nothing outstanding or worth going out of my way for. The fries were good but I like them a little more crisp. The amount of fries they served were enough for 5 people. Maybe that's why they call it 5 Guys?

Over rated IMO

Burgers are very high on my very short list of favorite foods. I've been hearing about all these "good" chain burger joints and am excited that they are finally here in the OKC area. The first I tried was Fuddruckers and it was decent, but WAY overpriced. Next came Smashburger which was very good! My wife brought back a "Double Double Animal Style" from In N' Out in Dallas but I can't form a valid opinion on a several-hours-old burger. We tried Five guys on the Expressway a few weeks ago and it was very good. I thought Smashburger and Five Guys are comparable to Ron's but my wife thinks Ron's is better. I'm not really into onion burgers so I haven't tried some of the places mentioned in this thread but would like to try Nic's.

If you are a burger fan, you really need to try Tucker's. I wasn't much of an onion burger fan also, but I like Tucker's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    The first I tried was Fuddruckers and it was decent, but WAY overpriced.

What.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    If you are a burger fan, you really need to try Tucker's. I wasn't much of an onion burger fan also, but I like Tucker's a lot.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    What.
    Fuddruckers is a burger chain.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkTransplant View Post
    Fuddruckers is a burger chain.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/
    I think Ginkasa was questioning the 'it was decent' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Five Guys ‏@Five_Guys

Hey Oklahoma City, ur new Five Guys is NOW OPEN! Find us in the Rockwell NW Shopping Center at 6900 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73132.

They need to get the AC fixed. By all appearances this is a new store/new equipment so non-functioning AC really shouldn't be an issue. Was there today at 5:30 pm and it felt like it was nearly as hot inside the dining area as it was outside (100 degrees plus). Wouldn't even want to venture a guess what the temp was in the grill/kitchen area. Dining room sparcely populated with about 10 tables seated. Given that it was the start of the dinner rush, should have been much busier but easy to see why it wasn't. Wanted to give them a try but knew it wouldn't be fair to judge the food with the AC distraction. Mentioned it to a couple of employees that it was just too hot and I would try again. Met with indifference (I am sure they were hot too). Will try again when it cools off some.

Somehow I got a voicemail message without getting the call first, but it was the franchiser responding to my AC concerns. From what I understood, while it is a completely new buildout of the space with new kitchen equipment etc and exposed ductwork, the AC units are the landlord's responsibility and they are designed to only cool the air 15 degrees below what the outside temp is. For the day in question, 105 outside = 90 inside. Too hot for me (this is probably what was going on with Dickey's BBQ too). They are trying to get the issue resolved. Until then we can only hope the cooler weather is on the way so it can be a comfortable 72 or so inside.

I love 5 guys, but to say that it's a cheap place to eat is silly. $12 for a burger, fries and drink for 1?

We had lunch at 5 Guys in Ft Worth (Sundance Square) last Saturday. I found it a bit overpriced but it was a good bacon cheese burger.

I was surprised how good they were for fast food. I would still choose Tuckers, S&B, Big Eds, Bunnys, Irma's and Johnnies over them. Too many good burger joints in the metro.

I like that they tell you where today's potatoes come from. Five Guys is really big on the east coast. It's nice to have them as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Somehow I got a voicemail message without getting the call first, but it was the franchiser responding to my AC concerns. From what I understood, while it is a completely new buildout of the space with new kitchen equipment etc and exposed ductwork, the AC units are the landlord's responsibility and they are designed to only cool the air 15 degrees below what the outside temp is. For the day in question, 105 outside = 90 inside. Too hot for me (this is probably what was going on with Dickey's BBQ too). They are trying to get the issue resolved. Until then we can only hope the cooler weather is on the way so it can be a comfortable 72 or so inside.
    I think that pretty much common sense AC the landlord is responsible for things like that in a strip center. Seem a little rough on them for something out of their control.

metro: Not at all, that is why I am waiting to give them a try when they either get the issue resolved or it is less than 85 degrees outside so I can experience the food without the negative impression/distraction of the environment.

23. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries coming to OKC!

Considering the brutal summers we always have, anyone that installs units that can only do 15 degrees below the outside temp is silly. Also, isn't that some kind of food safety issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    I've got to think that's a mistatement of how AC works. Yes, AC's typically cool the incoming air about 15 degrees. However, they should be recirculating the inside air, and cooling it, so over time it drops. House AC's work the same way, yet my house has remained in the mid 70's during all this 100+ temps.

Quote Originally Posted by wallbreaker View Post
    I've got to think that's a mistatement of how AC works. Yes, AC's typically cool the incoming air about 15 degrees. However, they should be recirculating the inside air, and cooling it, so over time it drops. House AC's work the same way, yet my house has remained in the mid 70's during all this 100+ temps.
    Sounds more like the AC can't keep up in in 100+ temps because its either too small or needs charging. You have to also remember that the door is going to be constantly opened and closed at 5 guy burgers letting air out. Im sure 15 degrees cooler was just how well it was working on that particular hot day.

Thread Information