Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: OU Football 2024 Season

Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Did anyone go to the game at Auburn? If so, was there something they did that was noticeably different than what OU is currently doing or planning to do?

2. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

I've said before that in the OU-UT game you never know what can happen. In the John Blake year OU pounded Texas but couldn't beat anyone else. And Texas was pretty good.
    But this game worries me. Texas has an O-line that was recruited together, mostly out of Texas, and has played together for 3 years. Hardly heard of in modern college football. OU doesn't have an O-lineman that played against Texas last season. In fact, with our top 5 receivers hurt I heard on TV this afternoon that none of our 11 offensive players started against Texas last season. I haven't fact checked that but I would be surprised if it's wrong. Our defense should be effective against the Texas offense but can we score enough points to have a chance.

Not confident at all that OU can win this game. Love BV but losing DG, OL is IMO far too much to overcome. The speed at which we lost our “competitive depth” from last year was unexpected

Nm

This would definitely go down as one of the all time big upsets in the series if OU wins. Rarely do we see the odds so lopsided. Hopefully the defense can play a hell of a game and give Hawkins some great opportunities. Being down all 5 starting WR again to go along with everything else on the offense is extremely difficult. We will need a whole lot of Sooner Magic! Boomer!

6. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    This would definitely go down as one of the all time big upsets in the series if OU wins. Rarely do we see the odds so lopsided. Hopefully the defense can play a hell of a game and give Hawkins some great opportunities. Being down all 5 starting WR again to go along with everything else on the offense is extremely difficult. We will need a whole lot of Sooner Magic! Boomer!
    Sooner!
    I'm praying for lots of Sooner Magic. One odd thing. If by some miracle we win both teams will be 5-1 and our #18 team will have beaten the #1 team.
    And hey. A John Blake 0-4 team went to Dallas and beat the crap out of Texas. Then went the rest of the season without a win. Anything is possible!

I think many people need to come to the realization that this could be one of the worst OU teams in a long time. Js. I know I know there's a lot of injuries blah blah blah but they're not very good. Auburn-dominated them for three quarters just keep that in mind

8. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

I guess receiver injuries and the level of competition has nothing to do with it.

OU has a coach making 8.6 Million annually. Figure it out. I'll say the same for Gundy making 7.5 million annually.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I guess receiver injuries and the level of competition has nothing to do with it.
    Is it fair to say this is the worst offensive line since the JB era?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    You're the University of Oklahoma you should still have enough talent to be able to compete even if some of your best players are out. Oregon didn't have their best defensive player and their best wide receiver got ejected early in that game and they still found a way to win. Oklahoma wasn't even competitive

Thread Information