Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Hopefully they aren't losing faith in the OKC market.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    I think those flights have always been seasonal. I went to Destin last October and tried to go through Allegiant but the route ended in August like it will this year.
    Yet XNA still has Destin flights through October, along with nonstops to BNA, FLL and AZA that OKC/TUL don't have. XNA must be a better market for them (high income growth area and lack of Southwest probably doesn't hurt either).

3. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

As far as I know the Vegas flights have never been seasonal

I was looking at flying Allegiant from Tulsa and it seems like they have severely pulled back from TUL as well. I think with the shortage of pilots and planes these days, airlines are cutting back on routes that aren't routinely full.

Here's a recent article that cites a few route cuts due to delays in getting new planes:
    https://www.wrex.com/news/allegiant-...4983386e4.html

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    I was looking at flying Allegiant from Tulsa and it seems like they have severely pulled back from TUL as well. I think with the shortage of pilots and planes these days, airlines are cutting back on routes that aren't routinely full.

Here's a recent article that cites a few route cuts due to delays in getting new planes:
    https://www.wrex.com/news/allegiant-...4983386e4.html
    Yeah I flew Allegiant to Destin last Labor Day weekend and was planning on doing it again this year but they end OKC/TUL-VPS in August instead of October like last year.

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

"Seasonal break"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240710_083351_Gmail.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	19007

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    "Seasonal break"

Name:	Screenshot_20240710_083351_Gmail.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	19007
    Interesting. They are still flying their normal fall/winter schedule from TUL to LAS, SFB and LAX but ended VPS and PIE two months earlier than they did last year (those usually come back in time for spring break in March)

June is out, another solid month of growth.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

July is out. Great month, Delta off but AA WN and Frontier showing great growth. https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Up 5.75% and 5.81% for the year

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    July is out. Great month, Delta off but AA WN and Frontier showing great growth. https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Up 5.75% and 5.81% for the year
    Frontier is surprising considering they just have 4x/weekly non-stops to Las Vegas and 1x daily non-stops to Denver (11 flights/week).

11. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Nice to see Alaska airlines bounce back as well. WTH is going on with Delta!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I think Delta was heavily affected by the CrowdStrike outage compared to the other airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I think Delta was heavily affected by the CrowdStrike outage compared to the other airlines.
    Yep. They had a meltdown with crew scheduling after the outage...

14. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Yep. They had a meltdown with crew scheduling after the outage...
    They will suffer bad PR effects from that for probably a year or so, just like WN did after their Christmastime meltdown in, what 2022, was it? We have flown WN all summer multiple times and the on-time performance and baggage handling has been on point! Impressed. However, I really feel like their staff is not as happy and kind and helpful as they were prior to the global air shutdown. And their customer service used to be the envy of the industry. I know the traveling public is hard to deal with all day through multiple rotations, but let's see a little joy even if it's faked!

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Frontier is surprising considering they just have 4x/weekly non-stops to Las Vegas and 1x daily non-stops to Denver (11 flights/week).
    I fly with them almost exclusively (50k miles last year) and I'd say their schedule changes all the time, most of the year there aren't daily flights to Denver. My guess is the growth is just increased frequency. That being said, the flights I've been on this summer have been completely full or at least close to it. From an occupancy standpoint our routes seem better than a lot of others I fly with Frontier. I'm hoping at some point soon we get another route added since they have a dedicated gate sitting empty most of the time.

16. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

^ oh, that's right. Thanks!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

United Airlines will be adding "college football flights" this fall. Similar to how American and Delta added flights, too.

American will have flights from Knoxville to OKC in September for the the OU/Tenn game and November, flights from Birmingham,Huntsville and Baton Rouge.

It looks like United will be running the exact same specialty flights as American and to/from the same cities.

Delta is running a flight from Knoxville to OKC in September, Columbia,SC in October as well as Birmingham,Huntsville and Baton Rouge in November.

Looks like the majors are all jumping on board these specificity flights.

18. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    United Airlines will be adding "college football flights" this fall. Similar to how American and Delta added flights, too.

American will have flights from Knoxville to OKC in September for the the OU/Tenn game and November, flights from Birmingham,Huntsville and Baton Rouge.

It looks like United will be running the exact same specialty flights as American and to/from the same cities.

Delta is running a flight from Knoxville to OKC in September, Columbia,SC in October as well as Birmingham,Huntsville and Baton Rouge in November.

Looks like the majors are all jumping on board these specificity flights.
    I wonder how people are supposed to find these flights? Do they direct advertise to season ticket holders and boosters via the universities? Are they full of package purchasers who buy from travel agents, etc.? Or do they just put them in time slots where people will hopefully notice they are nonstop specials when they are just looking for flights around these games? Just curious as to how the marketing works to be able to fill these one off flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I wonder how people are supposed to find these flights? Do they direct advertise to season ticket holders and boosters via the universities? Are they full of package purchasers who buy from travel agents, etc.? Or do they just put them in time slots where people will hopefully notice they are nonstop specials when they are just looking for flights around these games? Just curious as to how the marketing works to be able to fill these one off flights.
    I imagine most people will find it searching via google, travel, or airlines websites; which will hit a database for flights with departure and arrival dates around that time between the two airports.

20. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Oooof

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	19088

Oooof

Borderline criminal.

22. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Borderline criminal.
    And small equipment to boot--different on both legs, too! Weird.

Oooof

Keep in mind that this is Thanksgiving weekend which is the busiest airline travel time of the year and, since it is so close, only the more expensive fares are available. Prices on United and Delta are the same or higher for the same dates. People wanting decent prices over Thanksgiving weekend need to be booking at least 6 months or more before departure.

24. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I'm gonna disagree with you there. This has nothing to do with Thanksgiving and all about giving fans an easy way, although stupid expensive, to get to and from these hard to reach cities that might have no reason to be connected if it weren't for a football game.

Oooof

So I gotta ask. Did you check fares from Tulsa, Stillwater, or Dallas?

Thread Information