Widgets Magazine

Thread: Apartments and Townhomes around Stephenson Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Apartments and Townhomes around Stephenson Park

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    i laugh anytime anyone in Oklahoma or even Dallas complains about congestion.
    Whoever said we wanted Dallas-type congestion in a suburb of Oklahoma City?

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Whoever said we wanted Dallas-type congestion in a suburb of Oklahoma City?
    Umm, no one. Neither did I. I think you misinterpreted what I meant by that. I'm saying congestion is non existent in Edmond. At grounded in reality to people from major metros. There is more congestion occurring, but 10 years from now you will be scolding your past self for claiming there was any congestion at all in Edmond 10 years ago.

I was just in Edmond recently with my grandmother who was claiming traffic was bad because it took her 20 minutes to get across edmond and I just laughed. In LA that same trip would take you an hour and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Umm, no one. Neither did I. I think you misinterpreted what I meant by that. I'm saying congestion is non existent in Edmond. At grounded in reality to people from major metros. There is more congestion occurring, but 10 years from now you will be scolding your past self for claiming there was any congestion at all in Edmond 10 years ago.

I was just in Edmond recently with my grandmother who was claiming traffic was bad because it took her 20 minutes to get across edmond and I just laughed. In LA that same trip would take you an hour and half.
    Congestion's relative. Ask your grandmother how long it took her to get across Edmond 10 years ago (to use your own timeframe), and I'll bet the answer is somewhat less than 20 minutes. Ask a Chinese driver how long it takes them to travel the same distance in one of their godawful traffic jams in Beijing and I'll bet the answer is longer than LA's 90 minutes.

When we moved back here to the NW 164th/Penn/May area in 2009, the May/Memorial intersection backed up southbound on May for maybe 15-20 cars, now it's 2-3 times that, it's all relative...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Congestion's relative. Ask your grandmother how long it took her to get across Edmond 10 years ago (to use your own timeframe), and I'll bet the answer is somewhat less than 20 minutes. Ask a Chinese driver how long it takes them to travel the same distance in one of their godawful traffic jams in Beijing and I'll bet the answer is longer than LA's 90 minutes.

When we moved back here to the NW 164th/Penn/May area in 2009, the May/Memorial intersection backed up southbound on May for maybe 15-20 cars, now it's 2-3 times that, it's all relative...
    I agree with you it is relative, no argument from me on that. I know people that would consider having 3 cows on a dirt road to be bad traffic.

What gets me though is when people use the traffic argument as a way to prevent development. I don't agree with that. Especially in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

Precisely. Saying that congestion is non-existent depends on what you are comparing it to. It is laughable to compare Edmond to LA or Dallas, but to compare it to Edmond 10-15 years ago isn't.

Plus as I had said, I'm not against building, but I think you have to do it smartly with pedestrians in mind, and I'm not sure that has been considered in this particular area.

Thread Information