Widgets Magazine

Thread: Need someone to install slider in place of window

Default Need someone to install slider in place of window

I talked to Lowes and it seems all they do is replacement windows (they did a good job for me in California).

I need someone to put in a patio door where a window currently exists. Need to make a bigger opening, cut through brick, install header, etc.

Then, it would be nice if they could also install the new door and trim it out.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

TIA!

Default Re: Need someone to install slider in place of window

I had Lowes remove the old slider on our place and replace it with atrium door which we purchased from them, and they also did a great job. I don't recall who they were and I have no one else to recomend, but Lowes should have a list of approved contractors at the contractors desk who can perform that task. It addition to a new header, the new opening will have to be re-jambed, and the brick under the existing window will have to be sectioned out so that only finished ends are exposed when the opening is completed. A good contractor will crush and reuse the old mortar from the removed section of brick and use it to blend in the new mortar work into the existing brick work.

3. Default Re: Need someone to install slider in place of window

It was either Lowe's or Home Depot that did something similar for us (albeit about 10 years ago) in our old house. We had a large picture window removed and dual French doors put in its place. Required masonry and carpentry work. Turned out perfect. Did French Doors with the built-in blinds, which was a really nice feature.

Consolidated Builders Supply
    Travis Baker 631-3033

The Womble Company on Britton replaced sliders with French Doors in my previous home. Beautiful product and great install. They are a Pella dealer. 478-435

One man small business Dave Cheney 405-316-0735.

Womble Company is the way to go. Great product and better people. They actually did exactly what your asking for me 10 Years ago. Been in business for 95 Years. Ask for Andy Crum 405-478-4350

Thread Information