Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Humble Pie in Edmond

Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Lou worked at Uno back in the day, started his own place, expanded out, and their (butter) crust is still the best that we've had (toppings are good too ), and we've eaten at all the biggies - Uno, Due, Geno's East, Giordano's.
    Agree! Lou Malnati's is the best. I put Giordano's as second on that list, but I've never been to Due. Personally think Geno's East is trash, not a fan of their crust.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Agree! Lou Malnati's is the best. I put Giordano's as second on that list, but I've never been to Due. Personally think Geno's East is trash, not a fan of their crust.
    Due is exactly the same as Uno, just two blocks down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    I'd agree that Lou Malnati's makes a darn fine pie, but I personally put Giordano's a hair above 'em. Truthfully, you can't go wrong either way!

As for Humble Pie, I'd certainly agree that their deep dish isn't as good as the Chicago mainstays, but I personally think they're fairly good. The owner says he's actually from the Chicago; last time we were there, he chatted with my fiance (also from the greater Chicagoland area) for a while about a bunch of things from back home, so I believe him. He's working on a recipe for an italian beef sandwich, too; he gave us a sample of the beef and it's pretty tasty so far. All in all, I'd say if their pizza is not up to your expectations, talk to the owner and I'm sure he'll do what he can to make it right!

4. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    As for Humble Pie, I'd certainly agree that their deep dish isn't as good as the Chicago mainstays, but I personally think they're fairly good. The owner says he's actually from the Chicago; last time we were there, he chatted with my fiance (also from the greater Chicagoland area) for a while about a bunch of things from back home, so I believe him. He's working on a recipe for an italian beef sandwich, too; he gave us a sample of the beef and it's pretty tasty so far. All in all, I'd say if their pizza is not up to your expectations, talk to the owner and I'm sure he'll do what he can to make it right!
    They must be doing something right. They just expanded the restaurant and they placed 2nd in the World Pizza Championship a few years back......... And I'm not sure how they developed this item but if you like spicy. Ask for some of their ghost pepper sauce to dip your pizza in.... It's HOT so take it easy on the stuff but it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    They must be doing something right. They just expanded the restaurant and they placed 2nd in the World Pizza Championship a few years back....
    Well, not really. I thought that would've been so wrong if they placed 2nd in a World Pizza Championship, so I did some checking. Turns out they won 2nd in the American Pan competition in 2013 at the International Pizza Expo (a business-to-business trade show) in Las Vegas, billed as "The Largest Pizza Show In The World" and the competition is "The Largest U.S. Pizza-Making Competition". So yeah, they won an award, but not quite the one you mentioned. And personally, I never pay attention to awards won more than a year or two ago - many, many things could've changed since 2013 (to make them better *or* worse).

6. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Games , Championship, semantics really as I was pulling from a memory from several years back..... It's still an accomplishment no one else in Oklahoma City can claim.

Thread Information