I say all of this with the belief that tomorrow wont have this problem based on what was being said on the radio about the closure being until 3pm today.

2 left lanes of westbound were closed this morning. The result, complete stoppage all the way back to Sooner Rd as of 7:30am. A commute that normally takes me about 12 minutes, just shy of an hour today!!!!

I swear that the person that plans the westbound closures usually has his/her head up their rear and doesn't plan these things out worth a damn. If you need to close lanes, fine, close the outside lanes that you're working on, and leave the inside lane(s) open for the through traffic so the merging traffic is where the slow-down is, not the THROUGH stuff. Remember we're dealing with quite a few merging areas here...Easter, 35 from south, 35 from north, AND the 2 left lane closures......only to have it all swerve to the INSIDE lane.

So why was this done like this? I guess is to minimize the amount of effort expended to set up/take down the traffic cones for the above suggestion. Although i still feel like my method is the way they should have approached this from the beginning and not by doing the opposite (closing inside lanes and routing to the outside).

It's really frustrating when you drive through this every day and see so many people just sitting around playing with themselves too. Doesn't matter what time of day either. And what have we gotten out of this so far? A new center barrier that has new light and sign anchors, a rebuilt road surface that's lower than it was before (that'll totally help that flooding right) and is obviously temporary since it sucks so bad. I can't imagine what kind of crappy work is left on this portion since it was the 'easy' part.