Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post

Rose Creek could have been cool but with a Meh design and trying to cram as many houses on the course, it lost it's appeal. Nice new clubhouse though. There's a reason they can't stay private. I will say our public courses are better than a lot of other cities.
Rose Creek is my home course, (as posted in my avatar) and there are so many issues, (non golf related) within the semi-new ownership group, that they have lost quite a few members. I'm not saying that they have run it into the ground...but they haven't done themselves any favors. The culture within, has changed so much, and they have literally "banned" or "run off" some of the best golfers around. And with the golfing community a pretty tight fraternity.....members are leaving in droves. Mid year, they voided all Master memberships ($30,000/year) and most of those guys were so pissed...that they split off between Gallardia and Oak Tree.

I agree in your assessment, that I believe golf Club of Edmond, stands to benefit the most in the near future with coffee creek closing, and the growth of NE Edmond.