Widgets Magazine

Thread: Corruption in Mustang

Mustang Corruption in Mustang

I meant to post this article but I guess it slipped my mind. I find it interesting a lot of the allegations Mount is making, especially with the widening of Mustang road. If even some of what he is saying, I think the city may be in some real trouble.

http://www.mustangpaper.com/2016/12/...s-never-great/

Default Re: Corruption in Mustang

<LOL> I want to know what a "frail mower" is (maybe for elderly users only?)

I don't understand where he gets this.

Mustang was incorporated and established for the purpose of being a City with a rural type setting.*
    My family first moved to Mustang about 50 years ago. My father spent time on the planning commission, helped establish Mustang's first bank, and is in the Mustang Hall of Fame. I also was very active with the Chamber of Commerce, serving some time on the board of directors. I never heard that sentiment expressed during the many years I lived there. However, I often said that every person who moved to Mustang hoped they were the last one doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I don't understand where he gets this. ...
    Yea, he also manages to imply that rural places can not be great but that is what he wants to promote the city as. Really though not that many cities keep themselves beholden to the original founders intention anyway, even touristic historic places were rarely the original goal and the last several decades hardly seem to indicate most people wanted the city to be rural. In any case keeping the area around develop parts of Mustang rural is out of his control anyway, since there is not that much totally open land between it and OKC, which is where much of the growth affecting Mustang is coming from anyway.

He seems going pretty negative too for a letter he is sending out and has complete control of the tone. Even if every point he mentions is an issue, he states being for very little but fiscal responsibility, which how many candidates actually say are against a city being run responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    <LOL> I want to know what a "frail mower" is (maybe for elderly users only?)
    I think he meant flail mower but he seems angry, sometimes when my kids are acting up I call them the wrong name lol

All I read was...

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

7. Default Re: Corruption in Mustang

His portrait frightens me. Those eyes are the eyes of a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    His portrait frightens me. Those eyes are the eyes of a demon.
    Don't know about that but it's the first time I have seen a professional (almost stylized) portrait used for a minor elected civic position. Wonder if the place where that was done could make me look good?

Thread Information