Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sara Road Widening

Far West Sara Road Widening

I've seen this out there before, but appears as though Mustang and OKC are working together to try and get Sara Road widened from SH152 to SW 15th, basically to get people to and from where the turnpike extension will be. Below is an article from today's paper.

Default Re: Sara Road Widening

They also need to 4 lane Morgan road from sw 29th to 152. Very very rough road and they continue to build housing additions along morgan road.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    They also need to 4 lane Morgan road from sw 29th to 152. Very very rough road and they continue to build housing additions along morgan road.
    Yeah that road his been garbage for 15 years or so. The problem there is since it's OKC, I don't see it getting 4 laned anytime soon, although I feel like I read somewhere or saw it on a list to get repaved. Anything would be an improvement.

The planning is underway to redo the Morgan and SW 29th intersection and widen it 3/4 of a mile towards 44th st. I suspect its only being widened that far due to the impending turnpike extension. Right now it is in final design and should be out for bid in the spring with the work to commence Summer of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by cxl144 View Post
    The planning is underway to redo the Morgan and SW 29th intersection and widen it 3/4 of a mile towards 44th st. I suspect its only being widened that far due to the impending turnpike extension. Right now it is in final design and should be out for bid in the spring with the work to commence Summer of 2017.
    That makes a lot of sense, and now that you say that I think I read somewhere about that particular intersection. Thanks for the info.

When is the turnpike construction set to begin?

Thread Information