Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

Default Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

A friend and I are going to the Senior Follies on Sunday at OCCC. (We're just as Senior as the follies!) This program moves to a different venue each year so we haven't been to OCCC before. We'll meet for lunch around 1PM so I'm looking for suggestions of restaurants in that area. There are a lot of places out that way - Charleston's, Pioneer Pies, etc, but I'd like to hear from someone who actually eats there. Thanks.

2. Default Re: Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

If you like Thai food go to Panang at 89th and Penn.

Default Re: Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

Good solid comfort food fare at Perry's, 7432 South May

4. Default Re: Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Good solid comfort food fare at Perry's, 7432 South May
    Been a few years since I last ate at Perry's but it was always a solid diner option when I worked on that side of town.

Dan's Old Time Diner is always a good burger option not far from OCCC too.

I can second the recommendation for Dan's... That's one solid onion burger. Not as trendy as Tucker's, but damn good. 8433 S Western Ave.

That Charlestons location on I-240 is pretty darn good - slightly pricey but I've always enjoyed my meals there.

Here's some of my favorite restaurants in the general area:
    Italian: Bella Vista is a hole-in-the-wall type of place with great food. Don't let the building's looks fool you - 5801 S Western Ave
    Tex-Mex: San Marcos is solid tex-mex fare with a large menu - 2301 SW 59th St
    American / Comfort Food: Perry's is good, but I like Jimmy's Round-up Cafe slightly better; really good chicken fried steaks, among other things - 1301 SW 59th St
    Vietnamese: Pho B&B serves a very tasty bowl of noodle soup, if that's your thing - 9010 S Pennsylvania Ave
    Chinese: China Delight serves some of the best Chinese food on the Southside - 11800 S May Ave
    Pizza: Eagle One Pizza makes a pizza pie that, in my opinion, rivals the major chains - and their prices are very tough to beat - 11613 S Western Ave
    Greek: The Mediterranean Grill is an excellent choice for "something different"; their gyros, chicken kebab sandwiches, and hummus are fantastic - 240 Plaza Shopping Center, 7868 S Western Ave

We ate at the new Apizzeria 2209 SW 104th Street a few nights ago. It was excellent. Very fresh and worth going to. http://www.apizzeriarestaurant.com/ Two other options on SW 104th are Sushi Hayashi at 10600 S. Penn (SW104th and Penn). Best sushi in town but the wife of the owner can be off putting if she is in a mood. I go because the sushi is that good. The other option is Victoria's Pasta shop at SW 104th and S. May. It is the sister shop of the Victoria's Pasta in Norman. Very relaxed place to meet for lunch. Bella Vista is the best on the south side as far as Italian but they (Milt and Dena) are currently on their summer holiday and not sure when they will reopen. It is usually a month or two and they have been gone a while. Would call first. Another option is HalfTime Grill on Newcastle road. Think Eischen's Chicken w/o the drive. If you want to be adventuresome, there are several very good Taquerias/Mexican places on SW 29th. I like Los Desvelados https://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-lo...-oklahoma-city. Let us know where you ended up going and your thoughts of it.

7. Default Re: Sunday Lunch Near OCCC

I like Panang as well, really good Thai food. The Mediterranean Grill is one of my favorite places to go for falafels and hummus. S and Bs is on S Walker if your looking for burgers. Taste of China is one of my favorite buffets, because there is more than just Chinese food there, and because there is a lot of people that go the buffet is usually fresh. The best Mexican is at Tacos San Pedro at SW 44th and Agnewish. I always get the Huaraches.

Real close to OKCCC is Abel's Mexican on South May just north of I240. It is about 70th maybe. I haven't been there but wife says it is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Real close to OKCCC is Abel's Mexican on South May just north of I240. It is about 70th maybe. I haven't been there but wife says it is excellent.
    Jeepnokc,
    Since it is owned by the Abels at 50th and MacArthur, it's bound to be good. Ok, not necessarily, but there have been a lot of great comments about Abels. I haven't eaten there in a few years, but it was very good when I was there.
    C. T.

I second Victoria's at SW 104th and May, love Mediterranean Grill (check their hours first). Panang is delicious, San Marcos is solid for Mexican. Dan's is not open on Sundays.

Thread Information