Okay, I think this intersection has just about all it can handle. Can someone please tell developers that enough is enough!!! Oh well....I'm a Lowes man! By the way, they're going to be building a new Lowes where David Stanley Ford currently sits at 39th and N. May! David Stanley is moving across the street! Bye, bye DubRichardson Ford building!

Anyways, Home Depot says it will keep adding stores to the OKC market! My question is where? Seems like they've pretty much saturated the market now!

Hmmm...if anyone has any ideas where this store might be chime in! The only open land I could think of was just west of Lowes, or on the other side of Memorial, just east of Circuit City. Any ideas?

---------

"Home Depot to add eighth metro store
by Heidi R. Centrella
The Journal Record
1/10/2005

Adding to the slew of building along W. Memorial Road, Home Depot plans to open its eighth metro-area store near N. Pennsylvania Avenue by the first of June.
"There's a penetration of business out in that side of the city that we aren't currently picking up either at our Northwest Expressway store or our Edmond location," said Roger Nix, district manager. "As you can see, the new building and construction on the west side of Edmond and also the Piedmont-Deer Creek area, with the traffic patterns that exist today, we feel like we can pick that business up there."

The store will employ between 130 and 150 associates.

Two other stores in Oklahoma also are under construction - in Ada and Tulsa - both with completion dates scheduled for year's end. These openings will bring the total number of stores in the state to 16.

"There will probably be more than that," Nix said. "But at least three are turning dirt right now. There's a need probably for several additional Oklahoma City stores."

In the last six months, the company opened 69 stores in the United States and 10 in Canada. Home Depot operated 1,826 stores at the end of the third fiscal quarter ended Oct. 31. The company's sales were $64.8 billion for the fiscal year ended Feb. 1, 2004.

According to the county assessor's Web site, the Memorial Road 11.6-acre site cost $2.26 million. But Home Depot corporate officials did not return phone calls requesting construction costs for the new location.

City spokeswoman Karen Farney said the city's finance department figured average annual gross sales for a retail operation is $300 per square foot, and if it's a high-density store, such as a Best Buy - or Home Depot, for example - sales average $600 per square foot.

"It's kind of a rule of thumb that we use," Farney said. "We use that when we're calculating economic impact and things like that."

Nix said the average Home Depot store is comprised of 102,000 square feet, excluding the garden centers that make up another 36,000 to 38,000 square feet per store."