Yes indeed. Welcome to Oklahoma City!!

It is a great city and metropolis and has a wonderful future. The people are wonderful and there is much to do. If you can handle the weather (I can't thats why I live in Seattle), I think OKC is one of those hidden gems that doesn't get enough credit among the other big metro areas.

As Karried mentioned, you may want to consider school districts in your choice for a home, but I should also mention that even in the inner city you can find great choices and wonderful urban schools. And the inner city Oklahoma City Public School district is improving as well, as a result of our school improvement initiative called Maps for Kids. So honestly, unless you chose to live in our many ghetto's or something (which I'd assume you wouldn't) - Oklahoma City as a whole is a great find.

Some areas I like are - NW Oklahoma City near Lake Hefner (Putnam City Schools [I graduated from PC North]), central city neighbourhoods near Oklahoma City University (OCU)/Asia District/Paseo (OKC Schools, but very very diverse and lots of urban amenities if you like that), downtown (obviously, our recent hot spot with new schools on the way; lots to do), Southside has several nice areas and is very diverse with a hispanic populous (seems like mexico in many areas), Northside (Edmond School district).

Moore is a very interesting and growing suburb due south of Oklahoma City. It is developing its downtown and has great access to the big city and wonderful schools as well. Norman, home to the University of Oklahoma, is our largest suburb in population and is quite cosmopolitan.

If you're into rural living, there are a number of suburbs and exurbs to consider. You mentioned Yukon, then there's nearby El Reno, Mustang (great schools), and Piedmont. Piedmont is very close to the Putnam City area of NW Oklahoma City - lots of convenience. In the SE there's Shawnee, Midwest City offers a more urban experience while not being too urban. In the NE Oklahoma County, there's many rural towns like Jones, Luther, Choctaw (housing boom there), Harrah, etc - these communities offer a forested look if trees are of heavy importance to you. To the North is the suburb of Guthrie, Edmond (which you already know about) and the Exurb of Stillwater - home to Oklahoma State University.

The point of this, no matter what you like or want - the Oklahoma City region can provide it for you.

Once again, congratulations on your choice of Oklahoma City and welcome to our renaissance. Notice that I still say "our" even tho I reside in Seattle. You'll find many expats like me who have a fondness for OKC!