Widgets Magazine

Thread: 1227 N Walker

Midtown 1227 N Walker

County Assessor Record

Meg Guess Coture is moving to a larger location on May and 63rd. Their current location (between Louie's and the Edge) is now up for lease. Should be interesting to see what ends up there.

Default Re: 1227 N Walker

Yes, there is a thread on their new location, which they own:

8005 N. May Ave - Harlow Properties - OKCTalk

Yep, it's almost finished, they'll likely be moving into it toward the end of March. They speculated that MidtownR is hoping to lease to a small bar/restaurant but that is the most I've heard about the tenant search.

It's too bad because they were one of the few pure retail uses in that area, and it's a beautiful store.

Most everything else is food-oriented or services.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's too bad because they were one of the few pure retail uses in that area, and it's a beautiful store.

Most everything else is food-oriented or services.
    But is a high-end (dresses $5,000+) boutique wedding/special event retailer the best fit for the area? If it was a GAP, I could go for it, but it's a very high end bridal/formal retailer. As a resident in the area, and a frequent patron of surrounding restaurants, I've NEVER seen any of their customers add street life to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    But is a high-end (dresses $5,000+) boutique wedding/special event retailer the best fit for the area? If it was a GAP, I could go for it, but it's a very high end bridal/formal retailer. As a resident in the area, and a frequent patron of surrounding restaurants, I've NEVER seen any of their customers add street life to the area.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I lived at Claremont for a year and literally never saw one person enter or leave the store. I would always joke that the wedding stuff must be a cover for something else. With all the residents moving into this area, there seem to be a lot of better uses of this space.

Blog Entries

The area between this building and Louie's is now fenced off I presume for the upgrade.

Thread Information