Widgets Magazine

Thread: R.I.P. Lemmy

1. Default R.I.P. Lemmy

Dang, only diagnosed with the cancer that killed him a mere TWO DAYS before he died. Instead of live fast, die hard, I guess he chose live hard, die fast. R.I.P.

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister, Motörhead frontman dead at 70 | Consequence of Sound

Default Re: R.I.P. Lemmy

Ya read this earlier, wonder if it was the cancer that got him or something else. Guess the old arguement of who would go first Lemmy or Keef has been settled. Dude lived a hard hard life, RIP.

My only memory is from their appearance on MTV's The Young Ones

Yeah, that was a shock, and then coincidentally I read that Philthy died this year too, which I didn't know about....

To steal a term from Hunter S. Thompson, Lemmy was one of God's own prototypes. He was one of those larger than life badasses that most frontmen no longer bother to aspire to become. Lemmy did it nonstop and didn't change a lick for decades. That his liver survived this long is a miracle to be studied. His idea of hydrating was adding more ice to his Jack & Coke, and a couple years before his death, he made a doctor-ordered health conscious decision to switch from bourbon to vodka.

RIP Lemmy

6. Default Re: R.I.P. Lemmy

A good write-up in Rolling Stone: Inside Lemmy's Last Days | Rolling Stone

Don't let the ghoulish clickbait-y headline fool you; it's a good read. Dude lived his life on his own terms.

7. Default Re: R.I.P. Lemmy

Also, here's a breakdown of his R&B and psychedelic bands pre-Motörhead: Dissecting Lemmy?s Pre-Motörhead Days | The Runout

I knew about Hawkwind, and knew he'd been around for much longer, but ashamed to admit that I didn't specifically know about his involvement with these bands. All good stuff...and an interesting read. Dude was making music nearly as long as the Beatles and the Stones were.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Also, here's a breakdown of his R&B and psychedelic bands pre-Motörhead: Dissecting Lemmy?s Pre-Motörhead Days | The Runout

I knew about Hawkwind, and knew he'd been around for much longer, but ashamed to admit that I didn't specifically know about his involvement with these bands. All good stuff...and an interesting read. Dude was making music nearly as long as the Beatles and the Stones were.
    Thanks for the link (and the one about his last days). Didn't know about the Vicars, will have to listen to their "Zing!". Sam Gopal is good, picked up their CD years ago, nice transition to Hawkwind, which is one of my favorite bands, wish Lemmy would've stayed with them for a little longer, but then we wouldn't've gotten Motorhead (which is also one of my faves).

9. Default Re: R.I.P. Lemmy

One of the coolest videos you'll see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199R-bmZcCs

Thread Information