Widgets Magazine

Thread: Where's Jack & Ron?

Default Where's Jack & Ron?

Punching channels this morning and found Joey and Heather on 98.9.
    Don't follow local radio to closely, this may be old news?

Default Re: Where's Jack & Ron?

They changed last week.

Jack and Ron are on 96.9

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    They changed last week.

Jack and Ron are on 96.9
    Which is playing xmas music. My understanding is that they will be classic rock after the holiday.

96.9 was classic rock until the Christmas music. The whole "building the next great radio station" business is a little odd if they're going to keep the same format.

Jack & Ron:
    Crass & Crasser.

Or

What happens when 60 year old disc jockeys act like they're six and never grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    96.9 was classic rock until the Christmas music. The whole "building the next great radio station" business is a little odd if they're going to keep the same format.
    It is possible that I am wrong on format. I thought I heard them slip up and say classic rock but may have just been referring to current format. You are right that it would be odd to keep the same if all new station

Just don't tell my wife that I said I may be wrong.

My guess is the format will either be alternative rock, country, or adult contemporary. In fact I will be extremely surprised if it is something other than one of those.

Alternative rock would be nice because OKC doesn't have a station doing the format and is probably one of the largest markets without one. I think country is a possibility because Cumulus doesn't have a station in the market doing the format. I hope it isn't country because OKC has enough stations, but its a format that Cumulus specializes in and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to have a country station here. Adult contemporary makes sense if Cumulus wants to take on KMGL. The fact they are doing Christmas music could also point to that as its usually AC stations that do.

I have heard it is going to be country

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I have heard it is going to be country
    That definitely makes the most sense. Cumulus isn't a broadcasting company that is known for taking risks. Country is a safe bet considering its overwhelming popularity here and also because they are the only major broadcaster that currently doesn't have a country station in the market. However, that leaves OKC with 5 country stations which is pretty overkill, especially when there are other, very common formats that aren't here. Also, country has failed on the 96.9 frequency before. Prior to classic rock, it was 96.9 The Bull.

Fun 96.9 sounds like it's old format.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    Fun 96.9 sounds like it's old format.
    Agreed. They've stuck with classic rock but just rebranded it. I'm not impressed.

my mornings have not been "fun" since they dropped bob and tom

Thread Information