Widgets Magazine

Thread: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

Blog Entries

Default Miss USA (Oklahoma)

Miss USA 2015: Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan Wins the Crown!

Olivia Jordan of Oklahoma was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, wearing a hot pink strapless dress as she deftly fielded the interview portion of the competition by saying the country needed to improve race relations to beat out 50 other contestants.

The 26-year-old winner was followed by first runner-up Ylianna Guerra, 22, of Texas, and second runner-up Anea Garcia, 20, of Rhode Island. They were followed by 25-year-old Miss Nevada Brittany McGown as third runner-up and then Miss Maryland Mame Adjei, 23, rounding out the top five.

Asked afterward by The Associated Press about the Trump controversy, Jordan responded: "We have freedom of speech in this country, and immigration is certainly an important issue."

She added, "This organization is not one person. It's definitely not just me. It's a family. This organization celebrates diversity, and I think that was clear on the stage tonight, and I look forward to spreading a message of love and diversity and acceptance."
    Miss Oklahoma wins Miss USA contest - US News

Miss USA 2015: Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan Wins the Crown! - Us Weekly

2. Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

There's already talk of stripping her title due to nude photos and movie work, which she apparently did not disclose in her pageant contract.

Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

It's always good when OK beats TX at something!

Blog Entries

Miss Universe

Congratulations

Miss Oklahoma USA ( Olivia Jordan)
    ...on being named one of the 15 finalist in the Miss Universe Pageant; then being named among the top 10 finalists.

Blog Entries

Tragic ending for the Miss Universe Pageant.

Steve Harvey who hosted the pageant as MC; he misread the winner as he announced Miss Colombia as Miss Universe. She was overjoyed as Miss Colombia looked to be a repeat winner...

...Harvey then made the correction; announced that the actual winner was Miss Philippines.

Congratulations to Miss USA (Olivia Jordan, Miss Oklahoma USA) who finish 2nd runner-up (behind 1st runner-up Miss Colombia and the eventual winner Miss Philippines.

You can bet that Steve Harvey as host--MC'ed his first & last Miss Universe Pageant.

Steve Harvey's brain fart...

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    There's already talk of stripping her title due to nude photos and movie work, which she apparently did not disclose in her pageant contract.
    Link?

7. Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

I didn't know USA was from Oklahoma!? USA was my favorite last night and really hoped that she would have won. That smile is what got me. WOW

8. Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Link?
    Let me google that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Tragic ending for the Miss Universe Pageant.

Steve Harvey who hosted the pageant as MC; he misread the winner as he announced Miss Colombia as Miss Universe. She was overjoyed as Miss Colombia looked to be a repeat winner...

...Harvey then made the correction; announced that the actual winner was Miss Philippines.

Congratulations to Miss USA (Olivia Jordan, Miss Oklahoma USA) who finish 2nd runner-up (behind 1st runner-up Miss Colombia and the eventual winner Miss Philippines.

You can bet that Steve Harvey as host--MC'ed his first & last Miss Universe Pageant.

Steve Harvey's brain fart...
    He needs to forfeit his fee for hosting to Miss Columbia.

I guess the talk went nowhere since it is 5 months since she won?

11. Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

I don't know. I didn't follow the story after I posted that remark, also FIVE MONTHS AGO.

Miss USA sounded super nervous up there. She blew everyone else away in swimsuit and evening gown.

Congrats to Miss Philippines! Miss Colombia needs to be put on suicide watch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Miss USA sounded super nervous up there. She blew everyone else away in swimsuit and evening gown.

Congrats to Miss Philippines! Miss Colombia needs to be put on suicide watch.

Miss USA Oklahoma (Olivia Jordan) really fumbled with the gun question. She didn't seem poised or ready to answer that question. It's as though she wanted to find common ground to advance both arguments.

Poor Steve Harvey, he looked dumb founded upon discovering his mistake. Miss Colombia gave him a look that could kill--as though she wanted to claw his eyes out.

I hit that link and I am still laughing. I didn't know you could do that.

Blog Entries

I bet Steve's TV show gets some imressive ratings today!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I bet Steve's TV show gets some imressive ratings today!
    The Steve Harvey Show rounds out the week with previously recorded shows. Will be a lot of viewers tuning in; however no live or recently recorded shows this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Miss Colombia needs to be put on suicide watch.
    or murder watch, if she's related to the Escobars

19. Default Re: Miss USA (Oklahoma)

^^^^^
    If you're referencing Andrés Escobar, he was unrelated to Pablo, despite also being from Medellín. But I did get the dark humor and thought the same thing as soon as I saw that it was Miss Columbia that was stripped of the crown. Sadly Steve Harvey will almost surely get death threats.

Blog Entries

Surely Modern Family can work her into an episode as Gloria's long lost cousin or something!

Thread Information