Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Steve Lackmeyer was always listed as a "Reporter". Now he is a Reporter and Columnist (this designation changed very recently). I've never seen a person be both; you either are a reporter of facts or you write a column with opinion. And in most his writings, he combines fact with opinion without any distinction whatsoever.

Also, I've never seen someone who claims to be a reporter so frequently reference themselves -- lots of personal pronouns, especially "I".

The Oklahoman needs to designate him as either a reporter OR columnist and have him adhere to the principles of that discipline. The present situation seriously detracts from the often excellent information offered.

I also have some comments about his blog, chats and Twitter feed, as they are all offered under the "Steve's OKC Central" branding by OPUBCO but often go well beyond opinion and into wildly emotional and personal outbursts. I'll come back to that later but frankly, I have a very hard time understanding why his employer allows this; but clearly they do.
I had to unfollow him on Twitter. The rants are too much. He needs a personal and work Twitter.

Also I hear him and Brianna talk a lot about journalism school principles. Steve tends to not follow these rules quite often. Be impartial stop trying to be the center of the story.