Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chipotle

Large Chain Chipotle

http://www.chipotle.com/

(On their homepage, click on "Development.")

OKC, Tulsa and a few other cities are on the map for expansion. Also, a friend of mine who is in the know, has told me that Chipotle is scouting out prospective sites here in the metro.

Oh... and on the same page, they take site recommendations from visitors... so if you think you know of a good spot for one, click on "speak."

Default Re: Chipotle is Coming!

Yep, it's already been discussed. Check out the thread in I believe the "OKC Metro Area Talk" section.

3. Default Chipotle Lovers!!

I figured since Qdoba and Moes have came to the OKC market, why not see if Chipotle has interest here.. And infact they do.. I emailed them and this is what they responded with,

"Greg,

I know that we have started to look at opening in Oklahoma City so it is only a matter of time now, friend. Please hang in there a little longer!

Sincerely,
    Dawn Dillon
    Mojo Mama
    Chipotle"

Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Yes, this was already announced in the Food Court. But great news, nonetheless. I recommended the put a shop in the CBD as well as the Plaza Court building in MidTown.

Plaza Court would be great! Belle Isle near Pei Wei and Moe's would be a good fit too.

6. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Plaza Court would be great! Belle Isle near Pei Wei and Moe's would be a good fit too.
    Yeah Moe's and Chipotle in the same parking lot.. Great idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    -Sure, then let's round out Plaza Court with an Applebee's and a radio shack and we'll be on our way to the ****ification of Midtown, too.

Sorry to be so reactionary, but I don't understand why a chain restaurant is a good idea for the Plaza Court. I agree with a restaurant being a good idea, but It would be nice to see us get some local flavor in there... something distinctive and a little different, and also a pub of the same nature - to get some people on the ground and start realizing the unique potential of Midtown.

MidTown will be unique, and already is frankly! If you remember correctly, a Mexican establishment was announced for Plaza Court about a year or so ago and did some significant construction and almost opened. Not sure what happened. I don't agree with putting a lot of chains in there, Subway is already in there and US Cellular and Starbucks are rumored to be going in there. I say no more than 3 chains and the rest should be local. The chains help anchor the complex so that it can be successful for locals.

Default Re: Chipotle is Coming!

I got this email from them today.

Thank you for writing us, and we will get to OKC someday, I am sure. Hang in there friend, and we hope to see you eventually!

Sincerely,

Joe Stupp
    Manager, Duct Tape and Plungers
    Chipotle

I got this email today from them.

Thank you for writing us, and we will get to OKC someday, I am sure. Hang in there friend, and we hope to see you eventually!

Sincerely,

Joe Stupp
    Manager, Duct Tape and Plungers
    Chipotle

I tried Chipotle in Washington D.C. last week and i thought it was pretty good. It was right in Georgetown and I thought the food was pretty good.

FYI, I emailed Chipotle last week and got this response back today. Looks like they're finally coming to OKC area!

Steven,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have plans to open in Edmond so I'm sure we'll get to Oklahoma City too someday. Hang in there!

Sincerely,
    Dawn Dillon
    Mojo Mama
    Chipotle

I agree... Plaza Court should stay local... although a Starbucks would be nice, but maybe at the corner of 13 & Broadway. There is a lovely little spot there that needs something. I have heard Midtown is going to stay as local as possible. Go Banta!

Okay, but what does that have to do with the announcement of Chipotle entering the market in Edmond?

I would like to see one in Norman as well.

16. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

MWC - stick it on 29th instead of another steak joint!

17. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

I don't really understand why it has taken them so long to get into this market. Or anywhere in OK for that matter. They are all over the place in Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri...

I'll echo my bewilderment on Oklahoma having no Chipotle locations.

The Dallas-Fort Worth area has 31 locations. Houston has umpteen of them. San Antonio and Austin have around 20 amongst themselves. The Denver-Colorado Springs region has 50 locations.

It's not like Chipotle is any kind of exclusive, shi shi, four star restaurant chain that just happens to sell big, custom made burritos. So I don't see why cities like Oklahoma City and Tulsa have been overlooked by this chain for so long. Same goes for Little Rock and especially Albuquerque. There's no Chipotle locations in Arkansas or New Mexico either.

What I find pretty odd is how Chipotle apparently has a couple business development offices in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Just no actual stores.

I think Chipotle would go over pretty well in at least several Oklahoma cities and towns. OKC could support several of the restaurants on its own. Cities like Norman, Edmond, Moore and Yukon could each use at least 1 of the restaurants. Even places like Stillwater, Lawton and Ardmore could probably provide a lot of success for the chain.

19. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Chipotle would explode in Norman, probably wouldn't be AS popular in Moore but would definitely get business. It seems like it'd be a great downtown spot as well for all those business lunch peeps. I was at the court house downtown one day waiting on my mom and walked over to a deli (Jasons Deli?) and it was completely full with people waiting outside as well at lunch time. I bet Chipotle would have the same response.

There isn't a Jason's Deli downtown. Right by the courthouse is an urban Subway and Harvey St. Grill. Nearby in Leadership Square is City Bites and Ground Floor Cafe.

21. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Well this was a long time ago, at least over 5 years ago. I know it was a sandwich place for sure and it was prettyy big and near the memorial. I know it wasnt either of the ones you listed.

i'm pretty sure you're thinking of markie's deli. -M

23. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

If Markie's is north across the street from the memorial then I think you are right.

24. Default Re: Chipotle Lovers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby H View Post
    I'll echo my bewilderment on Oklahoma having no Chipotle locations.

The Dallas-Fort Worth area has 31 locations. Houston has umpteen of them. San Antonio and Austin have around 20 amongst themselves. The Denver-Colorado Springs region has 50 locations.

It's not like Chipotle is any kind of exclusive, shi shi, four star restaurant chain that just happens to sell big, custom made burritos. So I don't see why cities like Oklahoma City and Tulsa have been overlooked by this chain for so long. Same goes for Little Rock and especially Albuquerque. There's no Chipotle locations in Arkansas or New Mexico either.

What I find pretty odd is how Chipotle apparently has a couple business development offices in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Just no actual stores.

I think Chipotle would go over pretty well in at least several Oklahoma cities and towns. OKC could support several of the restaurants on its own. Cities like Norman, Edmond, Moore and Yukon could each use at least 1 of the restaurants. Even places like Stillwater, Lawton and Ardmore could probably provide a lot of success for the chain.
    I can understand going to Texas and Denver first, but Wichita and Topeka get several locations before they even touch OKC or Tulsa????

The reason for 50 in the Denver area is that it was founded in Denver.

I'm surprised they haven't come sooner, especially after seeing that Moe's and Qdoba have already set up shop.

Thread Information