Widgets Magazine

Thread: Midwest Regional Medical Center Name & Ownership Change

Mid-Del Midwest Regional Medical Center Name & Ownership Change

Hello All. It has been quite awhile since I have posted anything thread worthy but I'm back for the moment :P. Now the topic of discussion. Has anyone heard about the recent changes that have occurred towards Deaconess and Midwest Regional Hospital??? According to NewsOK and Midwest Regional's Facebook page, both hospitals have become part of AllianceHealth Oklahoma. I am not necessarily a fan of either hospital (I assume no body is, Midwest in particular). But, what do you all think and make out about these changes that are happening in our community???

Default Re: Midwest Regional Medical Center Name & Ownership Change

I don't know what the name change does, but until I have heard some new positive first hand experiences I will continue to go to St. Anthony's East.

No first-hand experience, but only what my mom relayed to me in the times she had to take her ailing aunt or uncle to Midwest a couple years back - and she consistently had *nothing* good to say about the place. And that ran the gamut from day-to-day care, to cleanliness, to theft of personal articles.

Going to hospital for most any reason, short of a baby being born, I s'pose, is likely not a pleasant thing, so individual adverse situations may seem worse at the time then they really are. So I don't know if the situations she relayed were magnified in that way. I will say this, however; the situation got to a point such that any time a non-emergent medical situation arose that required transport, she had them go somewhere else (don't remember where), and those problems didn't recur. As I recall, she compared it unfavorably to the VA place my uncle would go to years ago for stroke therapy - and for something to hit that low a standard was pretty bad.

It is just a name change and nothing else. CHS bought the hospital last summer and they want the rest their ten hospitals in the state to be under the same name (Alliance Health of _______),

5. Default Re: Midwest Regional Medical Center Name & Ownership Change

I just posted this on another thread here...just a name change. it's an attempt by CHS to escape their terrible reputation.

Thread Information