Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Campbell Corner

Default Re: Plaza USA

2/11/2015

Default Re: Campbell Corner

Attached Images Attached Images

Downtown Edmond is very cool and has so much potential, especially this area between Broadway and UCO. It's starting to fill in nicely and Sprouts is just on the south side of 2nd.

Would be very, very cool for a commuter line to run from here to Santa Fe Station. Then, continue on to the Norman station.

Would tie together the three best downtowns in the metro on one line. Also, would allow people in Edmond to commute and go all the way to Fort Worth for holidays.

4. Default Re: Campbell Corner

Slowly but surely improvements are being made to the look of the storefronts by removing those ugly coverings to reveal the beautiful original facades. Pretty soon, I am sure, all owners will follow and a cleaner more authentic look will dominate the whole stretch of Broadway there. As others have said, Edmond's downtown has hugely dynamic potential with the proximity of the university there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Downtown Edmond is very cool and has so much potential, especially this area between Broadway and UCO. It's starting to fill in nicely and Sprouts is just on the south side of 2nd.

Would be very, very cool for a commuter line to run from here to Santa Fe Station. Then, continue on to the Norman station.

Would tie together the three best downtowns in the metro on one line. Also, would allow people in Edmond to commute and go all the way to Fort Worth for holidays.
    Yeah, it's nuts that there isn't a station in Edmond, or even an ideal bus route to get from Downtown Edmond to Santa Fe Station. The city link from Edmond to 5th and Hudson isn't bad... but still.

About 5 years ago I was working in Campus Corner in Norman and driving from Edmond daily (as was a coworker) and we dreamed of being able to park at the Farmers Market and ride a train to work.

Two sides of Campbell Corner are bricked. This is starting to look very sharp.

IMG_20150926_134412.jpg

Rocket Fizz is the first announced business, according to this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Can any Edmonites get some pictures of this development? What's the opening date for the candy store? Seems like a fantastic development for downtown Edmond. Great potential in that area.

I'll see if I can swing by and remember to. I've driven by pretty recently and it is looking nice.

Here are some pics from their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/campbellcor...85784931712375

That is one fine looking building.

From Facebook:

Untitled.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

It's so easy to create good buildings. This is a very nice addition to downtown Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    From Facebook:

Untitled.jpg
    That's cool, I didn't know they were going to do an Edmond location. First Oklahoma location too I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    That's cool, I didn't know they were going to do an Edmond location. First Oklahoma location too I think.
    They've been operating in Btown for years now. It is part of UCO, so it makes sense to have branch in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They've been operating in Btown for years now. It is part of UCO, so it makes sense to have branch in Edmond.
    Nah, this isn't affiliated with ACM@UCO. It's a chain -

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano & Vocal Lessons - School of Rock - School of Rock

Jerrwall is right. This will be their first location in Oklahoma according to their website: School of Rock Locations in The United States

19. Default Re: Campbell Corner

School of Rock is a for-profit chain that provides after-school type music instruction, camps, etc mostly for kids age elementary to high school. ACM@UCO is an accredited state university program offering four year bachelor's degrees in performance AND in music industry fields including production, marketing and business. HUGE difference.

Here is an article about the School of Rock. Even though this isn't in Campbell Corner, this is a good as place as any to put it. Looks like it will go in the same complex that Summit is in.

A new venue to unleash the creative imagination of students who want to develop their potential is coming to downtown Edmond. There is much for youth to gain through musical expression, said Brandon Birdwell, franchise owner.

The School of Rock creates a social dynamic around music by providing music lovers an outlet to play music together. The School of Rock create bands through a performance based program, Birdwell said.

“We like to put on rock and roll concerts,” Birdwell said.

The School of Rock is anticipated to open this summer at 100 N. Broadway, said Koorosh Zahrai, vice president of business development for Plaza U.S.A. The 2,900-foot location will be prominently featured at the Downtown Edmond Plaza next to Campbell Corner.

Based on their desire, students are matched accordingly to their musical instrument of choice and play rock and roll music together.

“We’ll get a real rock and roll venue and rent it out,” Birdwell said. “The kids get together and really get up their and go to town. It’s a really cool and exciting deal.”

Birdwell’s life is coming full circle with the School of Rock as a partner in the Bristow Music Group, LLC. The business is made up of himself and four other guys, three of whom played rock music in a band during their college years. They never lost their passion for music or their friendship.

- School of Rock coming to downtown Edmond | Lifestyles | edmondsun.com

Another cool picture. . .

This turned out fantastic. I really hope that area of Edmond continues to transform into a vibrant, urban destination.

Night shot. Not my photo.

This is a damn good looking building and I can't wait to see their next project.

HangryHippo Guest

I really like what they did with this project. Edmond has so much potential downtown and I hope this group does more projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I really like what they did with this project. Edmond has so much potential downtown and I hope this group does more projects.
    They have I believe 6-7 more lots they intend on developing.

Thread Information