Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
Technically, there are parking lots there already, but we have to aim higher than making old parking lots into new parking lots. Parking lots should never be allowed at an intersection. I thought this area already had this requirement. The City (Public Works) just needs to get on the ball and start narrowing all of the downtown adjacent streets to 2 lanes and adding on-street parking.
While I understand not wanting a parking lot at an intersection, narrowing all downtown streets to two lanes just to make street parking would result in absolute gridlock in the not-so-distant future. We're already on the verge of becoming the next Dallas (terrible traffic, not enough space for expansion, overpopulation of the roads, etc.). Instead of narrowing down to two lanes, the city should focus on expanding the lanes (where possible) and perhaps converting streets to alternating one way avenues as a way to relieve traffic. When it comes to parking the city should shift focus to parking garages (don't hate me yet) that are either underground, or are first level retail friendly so as to not dissuade foot traffic.