Widgets Magazine

Thread: Odot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Odot

Wait, the deep recession and high gas prices didn't cause less driving, but lower prices and a better economy cause more?

Not saying that there isn't a renewed emphasis on mass trans options and that that isn't a good thing, just saying you can't claim/blame one and not the other. Cultural changes often are precipitated by economics...in fact, usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Wait, the deep recession and high gas prices didn't cause less driving, but lower prices and a better economy cause more?

Not saying that there isn't a renewed emphasis on mass trans options and that that isn't a good thing, just saying you can't claim/blame one and not the other. Cultural changes often are precipitated by economics...in fact, usually are.
    Rover, I posted his because the town urbanist kept using figures that were showing driving and drivers license issues in the US were on the decline(and they were) and now hay trend is reversing. They tried to claim suburbias days are numbered and used those statistics as "proof."

Now that those are changing the opposite way, people like no1club are now saying they don't matter anymore. Funmy, I expected two people to say something like that and one of them did.

I'm not trying to say the urbanism is dying or mass transit is going away, I am pointing out the hypocrisy and ignorance... Or perhaps something intentional.

3. Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Rover, I posted his because the town urbanist kept using figures that were showing driving and drivers license issues in the US were on the decline(and they were) and now hay trend is reversing. They tried to claim suburbias days are numbered and used those statistics as "proof."

Now that those are changing the opposite way, people like no1club are now saying they don't matter anymore. Funmy, I expected two people to say something like that and one of them did.

I'm not trying to say the urbanism is dying or mass transit is going away, I am pointing out the hypocrisy and ignorance... Or perhaps something intentional.
    And this all has what to do with "ODOT"? So much stupid topic creep. Keep relevant topics in those specific threads or make a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    And this all has what to do with "ODOT"? So much stupid topic creep. Keep relevant topics in those specific threads or make a new one.
    oh I don't know venture, maybe the fact that driving has a little to do with ODOT seeing that they will expand roads and highways when traffic counts go up. I just thought an article that has to do with driving might suit a thread all about driving.

5. Default Re: Odot

oh I don't know venture, maybe the fact that driving has a little to do with ODOT seeing that they will expand roads and highways when traffic counts go up. I just thought an article that has to do with driving might suit a thread all about driving.
    Ugh. Not worth the time anymore dealing with an entitled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Ugh. Not worth the time anymore dealing with an entitled brat.
    Something interesting I've learned when people say things like that is that it often means they can't say anything to refute what I said because it was right. Whatever Venture. Hop back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset.

Something interesting I've learned when people say things like that is that it often means they can't say anything to refute what I said because it was right. Whatever Venture. Hop back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not because you're right. Just read some of your posts above. Maybe get a good night's sleep, then read them and decide for yourself who's riding on their high horse (on in your case, probably not your high horse, but your high 20 lane elevated freeway running through downtown).

Thread Information