Default Re: Sunbeam Family Services

Thanks to shawnw for the photo:

From Sunbeam's Facebook page:

3. Default Re: Sunbeam Family Services

This is a lesser structure than what it was replacing :/

Oh well.

4. Default Re: Sunbeam Family Services

I will say it has much more of a street presence on Classen than I expected. I'm cautiously optimistic.

HangryHippo Guest

Agreed, cuatro. I just don't like that it looks like a tall ranch house.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Unfortunately the "Big House" office buildings are way too popular everywhere, tons of them pretty much everywhere that I have been. I have had to do more than I would like to have done and in locations that I felt a regular commercial looking small structure would have been better suited for the property.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Unfortunately the "Big House" office buildings are way too popular everywhere, tons of them pretty much everywhere that I have been. I have had to do more than I would like to have done and in locations that I felt a regular commercial looking small structure would have been better suited for the property.
    No doubt, it's an epidemic. It's unfortunate.

The residential looking building above is the one off of 13th street on the site plan. I believe it's for emergency short-term senior housing. It is well off of Classen. The structure they are building that faces Classen is much more suitable, but a little too suburban for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    The residential looking building above is the one off of 13th street on the site plan. I believe it's for emergency short-term senior housing. It is well off of Classen. The structure they are building that faces Classen is much more suitable, but a little too suburban for my taste.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    I will say it has much more of a street presence on Classen than I expected. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Been meaning to send Pete pics of this project for over a month now. I can answer some general misconceptions. That "house" looking picture above is a smaller structure behind the main structure, but still connects through a hallway. I'm assuming it's some sort of emergency housing like someone said above OR some sort of "training" facility showing people how to do homeowner type things before they transition into a more permanent facility. The steel pictures above is just a fraction of the main structure. I have pictures of the wider development I need to send to Pete, and those should clarify some of the "layout" issues. But overall, I agree, the suburban, pitched roof design of both structures is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Been meaning to send Pete pics of this project for over a month now. I can answer some general misconceptions. That "house" looking picture above is a smaller structure behind the main structure, but still connects through a hallway. I'm assuming it's some sort of emergency housing like someone said above OR some sort of "training" facility showing people how to do homeowner type things before they transition into a more permanent facility. The steel pictures above is just a fraction of the main structure. I have pictures of the wider development I need to send to Pete, and those should clarify some of the "layout" issues. But overall, I agree, the suburban, pitched roof design of both structures is disappointing.

Pete - also need to update the status in the header section from Proposed to Under Construction.

Default Re: Sunbeam

Big progress on this project (from https://twitter.com/SunbeamOKC):

13. Default Re: Sunbeam

Still showing as 'proposed'. Isn't this u/c?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thanks to jeepokc for the photo:

Blog Entries

Looks okay straight on like that. From coming down the street it just seems odd. Wish there wasn't the pitched roof.

Looks like they are starting to move into their new building (from https://twitter.com/CathCharitiesOK):

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Wish there wasn't the pitched roof.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Looks okay straight on like that. From coming down the street it just seems odd. Wish there wasn't the pitched roof.
    I disagree. I think it effectively evokes the Craftsman homes that are abundant in this area, especially the area around it's old home in Mesta.

when I was passing by the other day I commented how I loved that the building captured the craftsman feel. It is a good looking building in my opinion.

Sunbeam will open for business at the new location on Tuesday, Jan. 13th.

Towards the end of this video, you can see some images of the facility:

21. Default Re: Sunbeam

This building is not only a huge improvement from their current building, but it also does a lot to increase their awareness by being on Classen. I am getting a tour of the building in the next few weeks, I am excited to see how it turned out.

Did you notice the sign on the Catholic Charities building welcoming Sunbeam to the Corridor of Hope? I really liked that.

Thread Information