Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
If Webb's statement is true, then OKC needs to up the ante to become a more urban, cosmopolitan city. OKC has made good strides, however, Tulsa is also doing the same with their city. I used to look at Tulsa like a gilded, has been old dying oil city, however, recently went to Tulsa for a visit with some friends and I do have to say that Tulsa really does have a "urban" feel and more charm than OKC. Brookside, Cherry Street, Midtown Tulsa much more vibrant than OKC. Their BOK arena is much more designed and aesthetically pleasing than CK Arena. Tulsa prides itself on its beautiful Art Deco buildings! I know OKC is trying but needs to have a better image from outsiders.
I think a good question is why does OKC still pull so far below its weight and what can it do "up the ante?" If Tulsa is more vibrant and cosmopolitan, or at least feels that way, what are they doing that OKC isn't that creates that perception? Of course that is something that can be argued and disputed until the cows come home. I think city beautification, sidewalks, and street lighting is a good place to start.