Widgets Magazine

Thread: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

First, they bought the land a long while back. This I've heard from several people. Another reason to build in Logan county is the lack of building codes. When I first heard of this I thought this is fantasy. I've heard from someone that lives close by that they have been moving dirt. I still don't see how they are going to manage water and sewer. At least not on that scale. Edmond Fire responds one engine north of Waterloo. Oak Cliff and Wood Crest are not set up to respond to something of this size and scope. Logan county Sheriff doesn't have the manpower either. Waterloo and I-35 is a mess at rush hour now and backs up almost to the right hand lane on the north bound side. Lots of issues and who will oversee the project as far as Logan county?? Don't think they have an engineering dept with that scope. Ifs just has me wondering why not build in an area with water and sewer already?

Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    First, they bought the land a long while back. This I've heard from several people. Another reason to build in Logan county is the lack of building codes. When I first heard of this I thought this is fantasy. I've heard from someone that lives close by that they have been moving dirt. I still don't see how they are going to manage water and sewer. At least not on that scale. Edmond Fire responds one engine north of Waterloo. Oak Cliff and Wood Crest are not set up to respond to something of this size and scope. Logan county Sheriff doesn't have the manpower either. Waterloo and I-35 is a mess at rush hour now and backs up almost to the right hand lane on the north bound side. Lots of issues and who will oversee the project as far as Logan county?? Don't think they have an engineering dept with that scope. Ifs just has me wondering why not build in an area with water and sewer already?
    I agree. There are a lot of unanswered questions that I would like to know about.

Thread Information