Widgets Magazine

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

But isn't the state already working on getting the new ID layout completed? It basically looks the same as what we have now, they just shuffled things around a bit and did some other little things to it. Once that's done, you would be able to go get a new ID at any time, even if it's not expired. And within a few years, everyone would have the new one anyway because they will have all expired.

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    But isn't the state already working on getting the new ID layout completed? It basically looks the same as what we have now, they just shuffled things around a bit and did some other little things to it. Once that's done, you would be able to go get a new ID at any time, even if it's not expired. And within a few years, everyone would have the new one anyway because they will have all expired.
    If the current DL isn't expired, will it cost to get the new one? Mine's good until 2017 (I do have a passport, though, so it's not really a problem, just curious).

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    From the article

On Tuesday the Department of Public Safety says because of that law it "is not taking steps to ensure compliance with the federal REAL ID Act, and has not implemented any policy or practice for the purpose of meeting any of the act's requirements."

So it appears they are not working to correct the problem.

4. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    From the article

On Tuesday the Department of Public Safety says because of that law it "is not taking steps to ensure compliance with the federal REAL ID Act, and has not implemented any policy or practice for the purpose of meeting any of the act's requirements."

So it appears they are not working to correct the problem.
    So were the images posted here of a new layout of the "new" design farcical? I guess we're just getting two different stories and I'm not sure which to believe. I would find it incredibly difficult to believe that the state would not be making any changes if the TSA was going to start denying travel because of this. Maybe a lawyer here can fill us in on whether a state even has the option to not comply with a federal ID law. The way I understood that piece was that if the federal government decided it, the changes trickle down whether the states want them or not...just like with any federal law.

TheTravellers - yes it would cost you to get a new one, just as it costs to renew it (which is basically what you're doing since it starts the expiration clock back over to zero). It's the same as if you lost it and needed to get a new one.

I should also point out that MORE than 1/2 the country is NOT in compliance with this law....far from being just Oklahoma.

Thread Information