Widgets Magazine

Thread: Edmond Trails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Edmond Trails

Update from the Sun

Arcadia Lake Trail bid will be announced Oct. 13

The City of Edmond has completed all of the steps required by regulatory agencies to move forward with the Arcadia Lake Trail from the west side of Interstate 35 to Spring Creek Park, said Herb Blomquist, director of Public Works.

A bid letting for the work has been posted and will be awarded by the City Council Oct. 13. The bid documents will allow for 180 construction days, Blomquist said.

“From the time contracts get signed, materials or mobilization, the notice to proceed will probably be early November,” Blomquist said. “We would anticicpate pending weather delays to hopefully be completed by the end of 2015.”

Task Force member David Tew in representing the Arcadia Lake Trails Coalition said the group is in the process of naming a fundraiser for the project.

This fundraiser has been instrumental in raising $300 million for a T. Boone Pickens project, Tew said.

The Arcadia Lake Coalition is a joint public/private nonprofit partnership to enhance the Edmond Trails project.

The coalition is set with the task of raising $20 million for the project. The trail will begin at Spring Creek Park.

- read more here: Arcadia Lake Trail bid will be announced Oct. 13 - The Edmond Sun: News

This sure would be awesome to see Edmond Trails one day connected to OKC Trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This sure would be awesome to see Edmond Trails one day connected to OKC Trails.
    It would also be awesome if they would put lights on the trails here, especially Mitch Park and the new Arcadia Trail.

5. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Been waiting for this to happen! We currently utilize the newly constructed sidewalk on East 15th to ride bikes to Walmart and Sam's (heading that way this morning to return some Red Box movies). When this proposed extension is added we can more easily get to the Mercy Fitness Center too.

By reading this am I to assume the sidewalk will end where it currently abruptly stops on the SE corner of Mercy's property? Wish it would extend to 33rd.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Been waiting for this to happen! We currently utilize the newly constructed sidewalk on East 15th to ride bikes to Walmart and Sam's (heading that way this morning to return some Red Box movies). When this proposed extension is added we can more easily get to the Mercy Fitness Center too.

By reading this am I to assume the sidewalk will end where it currently abruptly stops on the SE corner of Mercy's property? Wish it would extend to 33rd.
    I believe it will continue eventually to 33rd as a key price of property is going for auction. It's a prime price of land. But now as you said, it will probably just end.

I will use this a lot. I've been trying to actually find a nice road bike lately. I also hope they light the tunnel up at night so nothing weird goes on. I've already had to call the cops due to some very suspicious activity under the Covell underpass by BLVD. can't even imagine how bad underneath the highway would be if it wasn't lit up.

7. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Is there an update on this? Is any part of this great proposal finished yet? I keep waiting to see something out there next to Sam's where they have this huge sign up about it and I don't see anything happening. I would love an update on this.

Groundbreaking on this is Oct. 24th

Thread Information