Widgets Magazine

Thread: Vamanos

Default Renovations to vacant Starbucks on Britton?

Does anyone know what is going into the vacant Starbucks location at 125 W. Britton Road? (Britton and I-235) There has been a lot of activity at that location for the past few weeks.

Default Re: Renovations to vacant Starbucks on Britton?

About a year ago a building permit was issued for a restaurant called Vamanos.

Aka "let's go"....

I never understood why they chose that location to be one of the ones they closed. Seemed to be in a prime spot and it pulled lots of traffic off the highway. The nearby news stations alone probably kept that place busy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBeerMan View Post
    I never understood why they chose that location to be one of the ones they closed. Seemed to be in a prime spot and it pulled lots of traffic off the highway. The nearby news stations alone probably kept that place busy.
    I work on the other side of the 235, what I was told is that McBride started some more morning offerings in their cafeteria and the DOK got a cafe or something. Might just be hearsay, though. A lot of people in my office gripe about it closing.

6. Default Re: Renovations to vacant Starbucks on Britton?

I can assure you there has been no new cafes opening at OPUBCO. We have the cafeteria we've always had.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I can assure you there has been no new cafes opening at OPUBCO. We have the cafeteria we've always had.
    Probably for the best. If word got out that you had a Starbucks or something similar, people might try to invade the OPUBCO building, and that would just be messy.

I passed by this location during lunch and there is a sign out front that says "Vamanos Mexican Cafe is now hiring" So I assume they are about to open. Its nice to have something in this area that's not Mcdonald's or Subway.

Northwest OKC Vamanos

What is it being turned into? Thanks.

Default Re: Old Starbucks At Britton & Broadway?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    What is it being turned into? Thanks.
    This is turning into a Mexican restaurant called Vamanos. Looks like they serve quesadillas, street tacos and your usual mexican fare.

Thanks!

Was going to go here tomorrow, but heard it might be closed, anybody know what happened (I know, the usual causes, I guess, just curious)?

13. Default Re: Old Starbucks At Britton & Broadway?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Was going to go here tomorrow, but heard it might be closed, anybody know what happened (I know, the usual causes, I guess, just curious)?
    I was over there about a month ago and they were open but Urbanspoon has them flagged as Temporarily Closed.

Edit: Maybe it was more than a month ago because I'm seeing others saying it was closed closer to two months ago.

It has been closed over a month. I saw a State of Oklahoma Tax Enforcement truck in the parking lot one day, so I am guessing it was tax related. A shame too, they had a really, really, good fish taco with chorizo.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    It has been closed over a month. I saw a State of Oklahoma Tax Enforcement truck in the parking lot one day, so I am guessing it was tax related. A shame too, they had a really, really, good fish taco with chorizo.
    Thanks for confirming, and yeah, my brother also said their food was very good, bummer... Taxes and death, certainties, don't mess with the grim reaper or IRS/OTC.

16. Default Re: Old Starbucks At Britton & Broadway?

Thanks for confirming, and yeah, my brother also said their food was very good, bummer... Taxes and death, certainties, don't mess with the grim reaper or IRS/OTC.
    Well Leo's has come back from the dead after not paying taxes.... Hopefully Vamanos will do the same... Loved their signature burritos.

Default Re: Vamanos

I don't think any location except Leo's original one came back, though, and they had been an OKC mainstay for decades, so I doubt Vamono's will make it back. And yeah, their "signature" stuff looked very good, oh well, on to the next new place on our list that we haven't tried yet. ;-)

Thread Information