Following up ...

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe
If I remember correctly, after the "new" (now the old) Douglass opened, the location on 6th Street became Page-Woodson Elementary. There exists a plan to turn it into a local museum/cultural center, though I suspect it's languishing due to lack of funding.
I've done a bit more research and have edited the post to include these remarks:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawg
After Douglass School relocated to a new facility on then Eastern now Martin Luther King, the school became the Page-Woodson School, now vacant. This source indicated plans were in the works to make the building an African-American cultural center and museum, but a September 2006 Journal Record article indicates that the property may be converted to office space.
Quote Originally Posted by John
Doug, there are more than a couple 'original' buildings down in the Deuce. One of them is the clubhouse for the Deep Deuce Apartments. Central dead ends in the south to some old buildings. The Hill sales/design center is in one, too.
I've added a small pic of the clubhouse and changed the text to indicate the survival of some other buildings, but without description (since I don't know it).

And, writerranger, thanks for the nice words and encouragement. I've added substantial additions and changes to the post this morning, containing several additional pics, largely located at the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area's nice website, Oklahoma Images .

Thanks, too, for the book link ... I'll check it out shortly!