Widgets Magazine

Thread: What would get YOU to 'click'?

1. Question What would get YOU to 'click'?

I'm more of a reader on this site, but had to post this question. If a business was offering $50,000 and all you had to do was download an app to enter (One of those No Purchase Necessary/No Obligation things) would you download the app? If not, why?

If you found out that the app was for local real estate sales, rentals, and open houses; would that change your mind?

I am trying to get some real feedback for marketing reasons, so any feedback would be awesome!

Default Re: What would get YOU to 'click'?

I only download an app if it's useful to me. Space is so limited on devices (unless you're rooted and can save non system apps on your microsd card) you hate to waste space with an unecessary app.

Also, does your business really need an app? A lot of businesses like to get into the app game now to show that they're modern. Same with twitter, a lot of entities have a tweeter feed but nothing to say. So there's a lot of dross out there because a lot of people have developed empty apps as a marketing tool. It was the same way in the early 2000s when podcast were the cool thing. There were a lot of podcasts without any content.

Will your app be available in the app store/play store? You can't trust people on the internet so if it's offered in one of those stores as opposed to your site, it makes your app more trustworthy and that it won't ruin their device. What will your app do? A bank app that lets me deposit my check from anywhere is useful to most anyone. An app that tells me about properties for sale is likely only interesting to someone who's currently looking for a house. So if a person is not looking now but is looking for a house in two or three years may fall through the cracks on you. I would think you'd wanna market your agency in such a way that when someone's in the market, they think of you.

Most real estate agencies market themselves pretty much the same way. They run together. Kind of like car dealerships - they all have bombastic ads that yell at me. Market yourself in such a way that sets you a part. What makes you or your agency different? Buying a house is a big financial decision. Customers realize agents are in business to make money, but they want to be able to trust the agent too. They want to feel like they're not going to be taken for a ride. Just like any other business, you can't fake customer care. Customers will see right through it. If you market on that premise but you're the kinda person that would punch your grandma for 100 bucks, it won't work.

All that to say, I don't thin you need an app.

3. Default Re: What would get YOU to 'click'?

I generally won't download any app solely in exchange for a chance to win money. To me, it's all one-sided giving. I give my marketing information and pad a list that will eventually be sold (regardless of promises to the contrary), I get an extremely long shot at a big payday. The value equation just doesn't work out for me.

I get where you are going, but I don't see me going along for the ride.

I would be much more likely to believe it was a scam. That no one was ever going to win $50,000. It would absolutely ensure that I did not download it.

I agree with hoya. If an app looks like it will benefit me and I'll use it for a reasonable period of time, I will download it. If someone were offering me a chance to win $50,000 I'd think it was a scam.

No!

8. Default Re: What would get YOU to 'click'?

Since the OP's handle points to real estate I'll answer based on that. I'm either thinking of buying or not. An app that offers a 50,000 prize isn't going to change that. So no!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I generally won't download any app solely in exchange for a chance to win money. To me, it's all one-sided giving. I give my marketing information and pad a list that will eventually be sold (regardless of promises to the contrary), I get an extremely long shot at a big payday. The value equation just doesn't work out for me.
    That right there is why I won't enter most contests. I made the mistake of entering a drawing for a gas grill at Albertson's one year. My junkmail and spam exploded by leaps and bounds.

Thread Information